Ch. 16- The Blood of Our Kind

"The cadence of suffering has begun."

***

"Here, drink this," Oliver demanded. He handed me a glass full of blood, which I took it instantly. I eyed him suspiciously because I had no idea why he wanted me to take a sip of the liquid.

"Why?" I questioned while looking up at him. I was sitting down on the comfortable couch in my new apartment. It was navy blue, a bold color I thought to myself. The rest of the living room and kitchen were made up of silver and dark colors, which went together perfectly. The walls have been painted an off-white and there were portraits hanging on the wall. Pictures of my parents, Jackson, Margot, Christian, and finally, the rest of us that are sitting in this exact room.

Sebastian, as always, was sitting next to me thinking I am going to go insane any minute. But I guess he has the right to be worried about that. He wore his usual outfit, despite it being hot outside, a plaid shirt that made his muscles shine through, dress pants and black oxford shoes.

His sister, Ellie, was sitting as far away from Oliver she can get. I would be too if I were her. I looked behind him and saw that she rolled her eyes and started nodding her head left and right. I secretly smiled before realizing that he was talking to me.

Grace was in the kitchen, although I didn't know what she was doing in there. Always a secretive one, that one.

"You need to drink this because I need to find out what makes you girls crave the blood of our kind," he admitted. He tilted his head. "Now drink it, Elora,"

Without thinking, I put the glass of blood down on the table and leaned back on the couch. My arms crossed around my chest and I rose my eyebrows. I didn't say anything but what my body was saying was that I did not want to do what he demanded.

Oliver tipped his head back and glanced over at Sebastian. "Your girlfriend is stubborn, do you know that?" he asked with annoyance in his voice.

I turned toward him and saw that he formed a small smirk before dropping it when he realized I was looking at him. "We're technically not dating right now," Sebastian said. "On a break, right, Elora?" His dark eyes guided to mine and I shot him a glare.

"What the fuck?" Ellie finally spoke. She got to her feet and took a step toward us. "You two broke up?"

"We are taking a break, Ellie," I told her. "Don't have a meltdown."

I saw her face scrunch together in confusion. "When did this happen?" she asked.

"Not important right now, Ellie," Oliver said, changing the subject. "What is important is you two drinking the blood I gave you,"

"Why so you can study us like lab rats?" she asked, now standing in front of him.

"Do you want to get rid of the curse or not?" he asked bitterly. I saw as she fought the urge to slap him again. I know she was thinking it, I too wanted to do the same to Sebastian once or twice.

Reluctantly, she picked up the glass of blood and drank half of it. She handed me the other half. I drank it all as the boys watched us carefully to see if anything would happen. But it didn't. It was just the same as drinking regular human blood.

I set the cup down and placed my arms in my lap. "Now, is that all you wanted from us, or do we have to give you a urine sample?" I asked sarcastically.

Ellie agreed with my question by giving her ex-boyfriend a questionable look. "If you do as I ask, I won't," he said. Oliver wore his white coat with a sweater underneath and dark slacks. A pure stunning vampire doctor willing to help others, I thought.