Epilogue

***

A day earlier...

***

"Sir, these are the rings that we picked out for you," one of the servants said. "Feel free to choose anyone you like."

I stared at the glass box full of different styles and colors of engagement rings. Usually, I knew how to pick what girls like, but this is different. This is Elora we're talking about. She deserves the best ring that I could give her.

I was sitting on my throne and I couldn't help but glance right next to me, where the other throne was. The Queen's throne. Her throne.

I looked at the box of rings and studied each of them carefully. All of them looked the same to me. I really thought picking a ring would be so easy.

But that's when I got an idea.

My cell phone was in my pocket and I got it out as quickly as possible. I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello? Margot? It's me, Sebastian," I said through the phone.

"Oh, hey. How's it going?" she asked.

"It's alright," I said. "Listen, I need to ask for your permission."

She paused for a moment. "For what?" she asked.

"To ask Elora to marry me," I said without hesitation.

Another pause.

"Sebastian, Elora has been through so much pain in her life. I have watched her grow into the woman that she is today and the one that you love. My point is, I have never seen my niece so happy for when she is with you." Margot confessed. "So my answer is yes, you have my permission. But you're going to have to ask Jackson too."

I laughed. "Thank you, Margot. And I think he'll say yes," I told her.

"Don't get your hopes up, I know Jackson," she admitted.

"I need to ask you another question,"

"I'm way ahead of you, Sebastian," she said. I glanced at the servant that was still standing in front of me with the box of rings in his hands.

"I have my sister's engagement ring somewhere here, I'll find it and mail it to you," she said over the phone.

"I'll deal you one better, when you find it, you can call me and I can have someone get it for me." I said.

"Sounds good enough," she said. "And make sure that when you do propose, all of us are there to see it,"

"Of course, I promise,"

"Good."

We hung up and I put my phone back in my pocket. The servant was still there, unfortunately. I faked a smile. "Thanks, but I don't need a ring now, I already got one," I told him.

"Right sir but can I say that your mother's ring would also make a good engagement ring?" he asked. What's with all my servants thinking they can ask me personal questions?

"It also made a great wedding ring," I said. "You can go now, and hurry because I hear her coming down the hall at this very moment.

The servant nodded his head and sped away as quickly as possible. I hid my smile as I saw her flame-hair sway as she moved. She will not expect it. I will surprise her and I hope she says yes. She has to. At least, that's what I believe. 

***

END OF BOOK TWO!