Ch. 22- Plan B

"Every step she took created a wildfire. The only way she knew how to put it out was to fill the clouds with blood and make it rain."

***

I clenched my knuckles until they grew white. She killed my friend out of spite. There was no way that I was ever going to forget that. Elora had to be cured as soon as possible or I was afraid that she might make the world burn. 

I slowly dropped the phone and glanced at my friends. They watched me closely to see what happened. "Well, what did she say?" Grace asked, crossing her arms. 

"You were right," I admitted. "Elora is gone. And I don't think she'll survive the aftershocks of what she's done." 

"What did she do?" Oliver asked suspiciously. 

I let out a breath as I ran a hand through my hair. "She killed May," I explained. "because she sold them out to us on where they were."

"Dammit," was all they said in unison. 

"But the good news is that I now know exactly where they are going," I smiled. "And once we find them, I am going to shove the cure down one of their throats,"

"A bit much Sebastian but I agree with you," Grace said. "They have caused too much havoc," 

"And since Elora killed May, one of my sister's friends, Ellie will want to side with us," I explained. "Her game that she is playing just got personal,"

"Not like it wasn't personal already?" Olly questioned. "She did snap your neck,"

I growled at him but he only smiled. "You're on dangerous grounds with her, Sebastian. I hope you know that," Grace said. 

"I do, but she doesn't know that I have played games like this before. And that I am better at this than her," I said.

"I'd like to see that in action, my friend," Olly said. "Not in writing,"

"Oh wow, it must be hard for you Olly," I tilted my head. "You thought you just got back my sister but now she is running around killing everybody," 

"And yet you thought no one would come for Elora once the war was over," he barked. "Now we are here because someone has come for her as soon as she got out of Ambrosia," 

"Boys, there is no time for this," Grace said finally, getting in between us. "Listen, we all blame ourselves for what happened to them but fighting with each other is not the answer. I know you two have your problems but that is not important right now,"

I rolled my eyes. "Now how about we stop sitting at this apartment pacing back and forth and go to New York," she said finally. 

"I'll call the jet," I said. And left the room. 

I dialed my phone and called my own personal pilot to fly us over there. Once I was done, I decided I should call Ben. To see if he had the other cure yet. 

He answered on the third try. "If I am to be your spy, you should stop calling me every damn day," he argued. 

"Have you got the second one yet?" I questioned. I had to figure out a way to trick them. It was better than the alternative of thinking of what Elora said to me. 

"Almost," was all he said. 

"Hurry up, I am just about to go to New York to give one of them the cure," I whispered. 

"You forget that you answer to me, Sebastian," he snarled. "You don't order me around like I am your personal slave, you hear me? You want my help, you're going to have to be on my own terms,"

I clenched my jaw. "I almost forgot how angry you get. It's nice to hear that hasn't changed in all these years," 

"And how do you know that?" he asked. 

"Segovia," I said bitterly. "She told me everything yet nothing at the same time," 

"She would always be your greatest mistake, Sebastian. She didn't deserve you nor did you deserve her wickedness."

"And yet she is still haunting me from the grave," I told him. "That woman is in my darling Elora's head and I don't think she's ever going to leave," 

"What do you mean she is in her head?" he questioned. 

"Segovia talks to her and kills her in her dreams every night," I recalled what she said that night. 

"And you haven't bothered to tell me this sooner?" he questioned. "Shit," 

I put the phone on my other ear. "Why, what's wrong?" I asked with a worried tone. 

"It means that Elora is past saving," he admitted. "She has been past saving the second Segovia appeared in her mind. I'm sorry," 

My heart started beating quicker. "What does that even mean, Ben? How do you know all of this?" I questioned. 

"I'll explain to you all of this later," he said. 

"No, tell me now!" I ordered. 

"You go to New York and cure one of them, Sebastian. I will get the second one ready and will bring it to you," he told me. "I promise I will tell you everything," 

And then he ended the call, leaving me with the silence of the hallway. Of the whole goddamned apartment. The only noise was my thoughts. The fact that I did this to her. I was the one that killed her, made her life miserable. I know a part of her will always blame me, curse or not. 

I went back into the apartment with the thought that even when I cure her, she cannot be saved. Not from what is coming, I suspected. They looked at me as I closed the door behind me. From the look I was giving, they now wondered what was wrong. There was always something. 

"Let's get into the private jet," I said, setting my phone back into my pocket. "I'll tell you then," 

Oliver and Grace nodded their heads. With bags strapped to them, they walked out without saying anything else. I followed behind, looking back at Elora's apartment again. The one I gave her as a present. It looks like she might not ever use it. I turned off the lights and closed the door behind me.

***