Ch. 20- She's Lost Control

"She is the fire that could melt his cold heart, but in doing so, she may start a war no one wishes for."

****

Ben backed up from me, trying to regain control, but I kept on punching. He didn't seem any way hurt by it, even when I used all the power I had. I was ready to kill him. Just like I did to his sister.

He raised his hands in the air, stopping me from hitting him again. "Sebastian, I came here to make peace," he admitted. His eyes pleaded for me to at least listen to him. At least that's what Elora would say if she were here. And not in any way cursed.

I lowered my knuckles slowly. But my mind was still focused on how I was going to rip his throat out.

Ben released a breath of relief, before looking at me like he knew me. 
"I want you to know that I had not wanted to put that curse in her," he explained. "I had to do it,"

My eyes were in slits as he was confessing what he had done. "Who was behind it then?" I questioned. I was trying so hard to act calm, but I wasn't.

Ben's arms lowered as he hesitated a little. "He watched as I hurt her and I had to act as I liked it," he said. "I heard what she did to Agnes, and I wanted to meet her. Not because she looks like my bitch of a sister, but of how she is like me. A Fae. And a vampire."

"Who?" I asked again.

Ben's head lowered. "He has something over me and I'm risking my ass for even speaking to you right now," he whispered.

"What did you want to tell me?" I raised my voice.

"That I'm on your side, whether you believe me or not." he looked me in the eye again. "I'm trying to protect my kind, and Elora is one of them."

He threw me something and I caught it with one hand. As I looked at what he threw me, I noticed that it was vile of dirty green liquid.

I narrowed my eyes as I looked up at Ben. "Don't say I didn't do anything for you, Sebastian Breevort," he said.

He was about to walk away when I stopped him again.
"My sister, also," I said.

Ben turned his head and smiled. "One cure at a time," he said. "And make sure that you don't tell them that you have it, they will kill you."

"I can handle myself," I growled.

"Yeah, sure you can. I watched her snap your neck and run away from you," he admitted. "So be careful with Elora, she won't ever be the same after this,"

"How so?" I asked suspiciously.

Ben was silent for a moment like he knows first-hand what's it like to have this curse.

"Just get her back and make sure she takes that cure," he demanded. "And then watch her closely after that,"

He paused. "I will get the second one soon enough and will explain all of it later," he explained.

And then he was gone. Only leaving me with a cure for this curse in my hand that was meant for either my sister or the love of my life.

How am I supposed to choose?

**

I met with Oliver after I spoke with Ben, and I told him everything about the encounter. He was as shocked as I was. We all thought he was dead.