Ch. 5- Toxic Injections

"The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars."

**

I opened my eyes and the bright fluorescent lights burned my retinas. Where was I? My wrists were strapped in hard leather cuffs and so was my ankles and stomach.

I used all the strength that I had to get out of the cuffs, but it was no use. Damnit. Not again. As I moved a little bit, I felt the familiar burning sensation from the inside out.

I looked to my left arm and I realized that there was a needle stuck into my skin. It was the same poisonous liquid that was put in me when I was captured. I wanted more than anything to get it out of me. I was still wearing my mother's dress and I cursed myself  for wearing it in the first place.

Suddenly, I heard the voice coming from the same man that I met the other night. "Hello, Elora. I'm glad you're awake." Ben said brightly.

I raised my head up as he was standing in front of me with a smirk on his face. I did nothing but glare at him. I told this boy my problems and he kidnapped me. "You know, you don't stand a chance against us, whatever your plan is," I said with boredom. I was honestly getting tired of getting kidnapped.

"Is that what you think?" he asked, letting out a slight chuckle. "That I don't stand a chance?"

I raised an eyebrow. "You obviously don't know my boyfriend, or me for that matter." I told him a little too confidently. 

Ben clasped his hands together. "Oh yes, Sebastian Brevoort. The one and only Vampire King of Ambrosia," he said. I narrowed my eyes, not realizing he knows him. "I do know him, but I don't think he knows me." He paused for a moment, leaning closer to me. "And I'm not worried about you, considering you are my experiment."

"There are others that could fit as your experiments, not me." I told him.

"That's true, but you are the one and only," Ben trailed off, which gave me the perfect opportunity to distract him.

"The one and only what? Vampire? Faery?" I questioned sarcastically. "Don't think I've heard that phrase before,"

"That's what makes you a great experiment." he said with a michivious smile on his face.

"I really don't see the point of this, Ben," I said, letting out a laugh. I was afraid but I was hiding it. Show no fear, as I was taught. "You know that Sebastian will order the vampires to look for me, and well, there isn't much Fae to go around except for my brother and I, so why kidnap me in the first place?" I asked.

He paused, trying to think of what to say. Ben dropped the smug look on his face and moved away from me finally. "Now if I told you that I did this for revenge, you wouldn't believe me," he said.

I let out a breath, one that I didn't realize I was holding. "Ah, vengeance is a sweet thing," I started to say, staring at him with intensity. "and some of us just can't get enough."

I was silent for a moment, and I could feel his coldness from here. What does he want from me? I thought, and I saw that Ben knew what I was thinking.

"Do you know what I want?" he asked.

I looked around and the room I was in was empty, except for the table of syringes next to me and the bright light shining in my face above. Instead of sitting in the chair, I was lying in a bed. An uncomfortable one at that.

I clicked my lips together. "To torture me, I'm assuming." I told him, raising an eyebrow. One thing I have learned is to make it seem like I wasn't afraid. But I was.