Ch. 23- Sounds Like a Personal Issue

"To the divine, mischievous spark in you." 

***

They were coming. And I was going to be ready. Now is not the time, my game is only starting. He is not going to ruin it for me. No, I will do everything in my power to stop him. Even if I have to get rid of what he cares for most. 

Okay, I'm saying it. A voice said from inside my mind. I like you this way, Elora. Much better than when you cried every day.

Shut the fuck up, I told her back. 

Threatening Sebastian's friends is not what I would have done. I'm proud.  I wonder how you guys will get back from this once this is all over.

It will not be over. I like myself this way. I like how dangerous I can be towards everyone else, it makes me feel powerful. I have no idea why I told her that, but it seems that she and I have something in common. More than anyone, I suppose. And not because of our looks and choice in men, but our personality. 

That's the spirit that got me killed, darling Elora Miller. I was cocky two hundred years ago. I played the game with him, but he ended up winning. So be careful with playing with him. 

I laughed. He will never do that to me as he did to you. He loves me too much that he is blinded by it. 

I thought the same. And look where that got me? My heart ripped out of my chest as soon as he realized what I was doing. 

That's your damn fault, Segovia. You betrayed him. 

You did the same, although not as scandalous as me. That's why we are the same, you and I. 

In some ways we are. But I am so much better. 

I could feel her laughter my head, vibrating through every nerve in my body. My teeth clenched as I looked out of the window of the passing cars. Oh, I cannot wait until I actually get my hands on you. 

What is that suppose to mean?

I have a plan, Elora Miller. You have to wait and see what it is. 

And then she was gone. Everything that I felt when she was inside my mind seemed to disappear from my mind. It was like having two people in the same body, crushing my skull into a million pieces that my head pounded in agony. 

The man beside me woke up, his breathing hard and uneven. His dirty blond locks had dry blood in them. I cringed a little bit. While I sat in the backseat next to him, I finally managed to smile. This very moment made me forget what Segovia had said. 

"Welcome to immortality," I said to him. Of course, he was handsome. I wouldn't have picked anyone else, although a girl with beautiful ocean eyes was my second choice. I tilted my head. "Well, only for a few minutes at best,"

He finally looked at me, his eyes startled and his skin paled. Even when the sun was out, he started to look like one of us. "W-What am I doing here? How did I get here?" he stuttered. 

I narrowed my eyes to Ellie who was in the front seat. "What do you think, should I tell him?" I questioned her, grinning at her like the Devil. 

She sighed. I could tell that she was getting tired of this. Tired of us dumping bodies everywhere we go and then running off. But she was the one that invited me in the first place. She should not complain. 

"Sometimes," Ellie started to say. "I get tired of you and your games," 

I gave her a vulgar gesture before returning to the man beside me again. She only rolled her eyes through the rearview mirror. "Okay, so long story short," I said. "You're a vampire. Children of the Night. Whatever children are calling us these days."

"Murderers," Ellie said abruptly. "They would call us mass murderers," 

I ignored her, focusing on telling this man whose name I don't know all about my world. "And I, your maker, is half vampire and faery," I confessed, keeping my smile on him. His face looked even more startled than ever. I wouldn't blame him, though. He is about to be killed again. "Or as my fellow people like to call me, an abomination to both the vampire and fae kind," 

I looked at the man up and down. "Tell me, what is your name?" I ordered. 

"Fitz," was all he said. 

"Well, Fitz, my name is Elora," I said before gesturing to Ellie in the front. "And the girl in the front acting like a bitch is Ellie."

"I just don't see why you had to kill my friend, Elora," she raised her voice. "You could have spared her life." 

I rolled my eyes. "We've been through this, she had to die. Your so-called friend sold us to your brother who is hunting us down," I snarled. "I did what I had to do," 

"Of course, because that is what you always say. You will do anything to protect yourself," she growled. "No matter the cost of everyone else," 

"Don't forget that I am so much more powerful than you, Ellie. And much stronger," I shot her a glare, warning her to be careful of what she says next. 

"And don't you forget that you may be the most powerful creature on this planet, my age is nowhere compare to yours. I know a lot more than you do," she said. "So if you plan on killing any of my friends, you better think about who your allies are," 

I snorted. "You might as well join your brother if you are going to act like a pouty little bitch for killing your friend," I said. "I mean come on, she was so fake,"

"You do not know her," she bared her teeth through the mirror. 

"It sounds like a personal issue, Ellie. Let's move on so I can enjoy my meal," I told her. And that was that. She grew silent again as she drove the car through the city. 

 I turned toward Fitz again. He now looked confused as his eyes glazed over the two of us. "Okay, where were we?" I asked him, clasping my hands together. 

He didn't say a word. 

"Oh, right," I said, acting like I was dumb. "Listen, I am going to have to have you to be quiet. I don't need you screaming my name when I kill you, although I do enjoy it," 

He only nodded his head, following my demands with every word. "Good boy," I said finally before leaping on him. I dug into his neck, using my sharp canines to suck all the blood from his artery. His blood tasted so sweet that I wanted more. Just one more drop. One more, that's all I want. 

But then his arm just dropped and I realized that he died. With no blood in his system anymore. And his head in my hands. I just looked at him, his eyes drained of any color. 

I thought for one second, just one, that I had no idea what I was doing. What did I just do?

You just did the one thing that could destroy yourself. Segovia said. 

***