Ch. 2- Parties Never End

"We know so perfectly how to give birth to the monsters inside us, but for reasons I will never figure out, we have not the slightest clue of what to do with all the love."

**

I heard a knock on my bedroom door, making me tilt my head up to wonder who was it. It opened quickly and I saw my best friend walk through the door, with a big smile on his face. I tried to hide the pain in my eyes, but it was no use. Jackson already noticed that I was upset.

He instantly gave me a worried expression, which made me nervous. Without saying anything to me, he sat down on the bed beside me and put his hand in mine. I knew when he did that, he wanted to know what was wrong.

I gave him a sad smile, trying to make him think that it's not important. I let out a deep breath while I tried to compose what I was going to say. "I don't know why I'm like this," I started to say, turning my head to face the pictures on the wall. "it's like every time he walks away from me or he hangs up the phone, I feel him drifting away from me." I admitted, not looking him in the eye.

I turned to him at once. "And I don't like it." I said.

I studied him closely as I waited for him to say something. He clicked his lips together, making me wonder what he was going to say. "I don't know what it's like to be in a relationship like what you and Sebastian have," he finally spoke. Jackson paused, "But what I do know is that you two have been through a lot together, and him being King is not going to... jeopardize it." he assured.

That's what I keep telling myself every day for four months. That we are stronger than this. But I realized that I needed to not only hear it from my best friend but of Sebastian. Which made me want to go back to Ambrosia and talk to him about it. "And you may think I'm stupid when it comes to love, but I know my best friend," he continued. "and she has a big heart." he told me.

Damn him for knowing who I am. I gave him a small smile as he managed to cheer me up again. "You are pretty stupid when it comes to that." I joked, raising my eyebrows.

Jackson let out a laugh, which made me want to do the same. "I told you! I'm a dick to girls and a dick to guys," he exclaimed. "that's just the way I am." he said, raising his hands in the air.

I shook my head slightly. It was true with what he said, after all. Ever since I've known him, he has always liked both girls and guys but he never had a close relationship with either gender. They either hated him for being so blunt or didn't like him being unattached. I just hope, that someday, he will find someone that sees past all that. That sees who he really is. "I prefer the word asshole." I replied, letting out a small chuckle.

Jackson tilted his head, making a few strands of blood fall to cover his eyes. "Oh!" he said, getting up from the bed and opening the closet door across the room. I narrowed my eyes as I wondered what he was doing. "The reason I came up here," he started to say as his voice echoed through the small room.

He walked out of the room with two different styled dresses on a hanger in each hand. "is 'cause we are going to your celebratory back from the dead party." he admitted. "And I picked these dresses for you to wear." he finally said, looking down at the items in his hand.

I sighed, not wanting to go to a party since I went to a lot these past months. But for the sake of seeing my best friend happy, then I will. I stood up from the bed and walked toward him so I could examine the dresses he picked out for me.

I looked at the one in his left hand and saw it was spaghetti strapped crimson dress that ended just above my thighs. But I was not feeling that one. I turned to look at the other one in his hand and this one was short pearl white dress with off the shoulder sleeves. I let out another sigh as I realized that my best friend doesn't know how to pick out clothes for me to me wear.