Ch. 17- Down the Rabbit Hole

"The little girl could not sleep because her thoughts were way too deep, her mind had gone out for a stroll and fallen down the rabbit hole."

***

We drove through the city in silence, until eventually the car came to a stop. The sun started to go down which meant that they will start to come out. I had no idea where these vampires I would kill would be, neither did Ellie. Both of us were as confused as ever.

I rolled down the tinted window and saw that we were parked at a nightclub. I hadn't recognized this place before. There was a sign that said "After Dark" and I wondered if it were for our kind. It had to be. We wouldn't have stooped here if it weren't.

"Jesus, can vampires get enough clubs in this city or what?" I asked, turing around to my friends.

Ellie chuckled under her breath. "You have a point, sister," she agreed. "There are too many nightclubs for us,"

"New Orleans is a tourist location for us," Sebastian explained. "We like to party a lot here,"

"Hmm," I muttered without saying anything. It made me think of all the times that I watched the news to see strangers on the screen missing. Every day was a new person but I thought it was just crime. Never would I have thought it would be vampires partying and killing humans.

I did change a lot these past months. Sometimes I don't realize it, but I do. And it terrifies me to not know this new Elora. I'm lost and I wonder if this feeling will ever change.

"What?" Grace said finally.

Everyone looked at me like they were waiting for to say something. Perks of being the first of her kind, I suppose. They all don't know what I'm capable of. Neither do I, if I'm being honest.

"Nothing, just realizing now why it's called,"The City of the Dead", I thought out loud.

I looked back at the building and heard loud music coming from inside. It distracted me from what someone in the car was saying for a moment.

"Elora?" Olly said.

I snapped back into reality and turned my head again.

"Yeah," I whispered.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked.

"I don't have a choice," I said finally before opening the door and stepping out onto the concrete.

Ellie got out after me and the rest followed. We were all standing side by side looking over at the vampire club in front of us. There were what I smelt like them walking into the place.

I fought the urge to bare my fangs and run into the club to kill every single vampire in there. It took so much strength that my whole body felt drained.

"Just this one night, I will let you lose control," Sebastian murmured in my ear. I flinched in surprise that he was so close to me. But what got me so shocked was what he said to me.

I turned around to face him and furrowed my brows. "What?" I questioned.

"I am letting you lose control tonight," he said again. "You and my sister can have all the blood you crave this night,"

I tilted my head because I did not believe any of this. "Yeah, right," I said with a smile on my face.

"I'm telling you the truth, you can have all those vampires in there," he said, pointing at the nightclub.

I dropped my smirk and now had a confused expression on my face. "What? Why?" I argued.

He raised an eyebrow. "Because I figured we should know what we are dealing with before we cure it, right?" he admitted.