1~ Struggle Bussin'

"Scar we're running late!"

A distant voice calls urgently, slightly pulling me from my slumber.

I groan pleadingly, "Just. Five. More. Minutes."

Silence follows so I sigh in victory and begin to doze back off when a chilling liquid washes over my body, snapping me awake.

What the...

"Sage!" I scream at my 16 year old brother, shivering from the cold water.

He rips my now soaking covers off of me, goosebumps forming on my arms. "We only have thirty minutes."

I scrunch my brows in confusion, that's impossible. Last I checked it was 5:50. I just laid back down for a few extra seconds of rest before waking everyone else up.

I grab my phone to check the time, which we should have plenty of- shit.
It's 7:05.

I jump from my once warm bed and rush towards my bathroom, a new source of adrenaline thrumming through my body. Sage trails behind me wordlessly. My mind begins to race with the million things that need to be done before we leave for school.

The twins need to get their football clothes from the dryer
Saffron needs to be woken up
The dishes need to be done
Medicine needs to be taken
Breakfast needs to be made

In a rush, I pop my contacts into my eyes, squeeze toothpaste onto the toothbrush and scrub my teeth with more force than needed before I turn my attention back to Sage.

"Are the twins up?"

"Yes"

"Saffron?"

"I asked Sterling to wake her."

"Has breakfast been made?"

"Silver is on it"

"The pills-"

He holds a finger up silencing me.

"Don't worry sis, I will go right now and make sure everyone gets everything they need, including you."

The loss of control makes my palms sweat. Normally I have everything done before they wake up just to make the mornings easier. I already made lunches but there was still so much more that needed to be done. "I need to-"

"Nothing. Just get ready and head downstairs."

He leaves my room before I could further protest. I look at the mirror and take in my reflection.

My curly hair is a wild mess, strands of blonde, russet, and brown sticking everywhere, courtesy of the water my darling brother dumped on me. Purple bags that I've accepted as permanent rest underneath my golden brown eyes which are dull with tiredness, concealing the green that normally peaked through.

I look like trash.

I take a deep breath. "I can do this. It's just another day Scarlett, nothing more. Nothing less." I repeat to myself the mantra my mother taught me from a young age as I walk into my closet.