Bonus~ One Year

"That tickles."

I yawn as a finger traces along my spine, goosebumps forming in its path.

"Then you should wake up."

Sighing, I burry my head in his chest, desperate for a few more minutes of sleep before we get ready for school. "Can't we just skip today?"

It's only Tuesday and I'm already done with the week.

Kisses are pressed along my neck. "Sweetheart, you know we have to go. Besides, I can't afford to miss our test today."

There's a game Friday, "How could I forget, the quarterback needs to set an example."

One second I'm resting in bed and the next I'm in the air, "Your sass isn't appreciated, especially after I put in the effort to surprise you."

Ashton didn't spend the night, he simply showed up at 5:30 with coffee and doughnuts. While my siblings will appreciate it, I'm more focused on sleep.

Yawning, I kiss him quickly. "And I'm forever grateful."

"Good, now go shower." He orders, slapping my butt.

I gasp, attempting to shove him back onto the bed but he grabs my arm, pulling me into his chest. It's too early for me to play nice.

"Please, for the love of God, just get ready! I'm trying to get dressed in peace!" Silver yells up from his room, hitting his ceilling.

Coughing, I try to think of something to say but Ashton beats me to it. Grinning down at me, he stomps his foot. "I bought you three Boston cream doughnuts, you don't get to complain!"

Of course he did, he thinks of everything before hand. With one last kiss, I run to get ready.

Shoving my contacts in my eyes, Ashton sticks his head into the room. "Avery just texted, she said dinner after practice. Dress cute."

Momentarily distracted, I miss my eye. Letting out a swear, I try to save the contact. "Do you just want to pick my clothes out?"

Damn it.

I was really aiming for a leggings and big shirt kind of day. He leaves without another word, I walk out to find clothes already on my bed. "You just had to pick out my underwear too?"

With a cheeky grin, he shrugs, "I had to have something to occupy my mind today."

Rolling my eyes, I flip him off. Going to put my pants on, I completely miss the hole, falling to the ground. Something tells me today's gonna be a struggle.

*****

An hour later I'm struggling to open my locker, well Ashton's and my locker. The school gave me a bottom and claimed they didn't have any extra. It wouldn't have been an issue if it wasn't right next to the leaky water fountain. After getting drenched on my first day of senior year, I decided it was time to move.

Ashton tried to simply switch with me at first but he's too tall for a bottom locker. So after two days of protesting he moved my things into his while I was taking a test. He claims it's no big deal, considering he won't be here next semester anyway. A fact I seem to be reminded of more and more everyday.

I'll take the extra time with him while I can.

"Wow, I told you to dress cute but this look is hot, hot, hot." Avery offers as hello, opening her own neighboring locker.

Handing her my coffee, I use both hands to yank the door open, an econ textbook falling on my foot. "Jesus Christ!" Bending over to pick up the textbook I hit my head on the locker door. "Alright, I'm a solid three seconds away from fighting you."