13~ Alien

I'm frozen in place, forced to watch the duo as they separate.

I try to move, truly, I do. My mind screams for me to do something, anything, but my body doesn't respond. What am I watching?

Avery saunters away, a smug grin on her face. Stella and Ella, both witness to the display of affection, stand off to the side with their jaws hanging wide open. I wonder how I look.

Confused. Definitely.

Disgusted. Slightly.

Heartbroken. Sadly.

As a pain sears through my chest I decide that's the perfect way to describe how I'm feeling, heartbroken. I want to laugh for even considering the thought of liking Ashton. Kissing him.

Ashton rubs his hands through his hair, an indistinguishable look on his face. I feel sick as he notices me, still frozen in place. He pales as we meet eyes, defeat flashing on his face. Looks like someone didn't plan on getting caught. He tries to walk towards me but I shake my head.

I have nothing left to say to him.

My body finally decides to work and I walk to my friends at a normal pace, a fake smile on my face. He doesn't deserve to see how bad he hurt me.

Sage went to the locker room to grab his stuff, missing the game of tonsil hockey. One less pair of pitying eyes, the girls currently doing plenty of that for everyone.

The drive home all I can see is the kisses on repeat in my mind, playing on a constant loop is my kiss and then Avery's. All the emotions flooding through me just to be stripped away.

I can't help but describe it as intoxicating, they way it felt to kiss him. Another realization hits me, I know what it feels like and so does Avery. Looks like she won him, just like she wins everything else. The only difference is that I actually cared about this competition.

The girls meet us at the house to get ready, both having plenty of wardrobe options in my closet. Sage drones on about tonight, excited to go to his first ever high school party.

I mean to ask him what that player whispered in his ear but I'm to distracted by the party.

Did I still want to go after seeing Ashton and Avery? No doubt they'll be all over each other and I can't bare to witnesses them again without losing it. I'm sure that will be Avery's sole goal tonight.

I remember that Saffron is at her friends house and that the twins are spending the night with Sam. I don't want to sit by myself wallowing in self pity. And I'm sure as hell not about to let Sage go alone. Tonight's about him, his victory.

Ashton doesn't get to ruin that for me. He's done enough damage.

No one speaks as we change, both girls afraid to say anything. I'm not broken glass, I can handle something stupid like Ashton. It was just a kiss. A kiss I currently can't get out of my head.

I put on a liquid silver tank top and skin tight, ripped black jeans with red converse. I'm showing off more skin than I normally feel comfortable with but screw it. I'll be damned if I don't have fun tonight.

Ella puts on a sheer black crop top with white jeans and Doc Martens. The shoe choice surprising to Stella and I, Ella almost always wore heels or flats. Stella chooses a pair of ripped jeans and a cropped black turtleneck, not really surprising anyone.

I volunteer to do their makeup. Applying makeup is an art and it's nice to know my canvas will be seen by the world. It also gives me a distraction.

I make it through Stella's makeup and my own without a problem. My mind too focused on the task at hand to think about anything else. By the time I get to Ella though my mind is empty. Unwillingly, it wanders back to Ashton.