37~ Hickey

School isn't canceled the next day and I have two friends dying for information.

I can't help but hum as I walk into school despite that fact class starts in five minutes. I've gotten two great nights of sleep, something that never happens to me.

At my locker, I'm bombarded by Ella and Stella.

"Why aren't you answering my calls?" Ella demands, a scowl on her face.

"Better yet, why are you ignoring me?" Stella chimes in, slamming my door shut.

I zip my bag up, not feeling the slightest bit guilty for ignoring them. I just needed some space before rejoining reality. Yesterday morning felt like a dream, I didn't want to spoil it. Before I can respond James, Zev, and Gabe walk up to us. James attempting to hug Stella, who shoves him off to focus on me. Someone's really upset.

I say hi, slightly disappointed Ashton isn't with them even though I know he's meeting me in class. Gabe stares a hole through me, or more specifically my neck, a puzzled look on his face. Self consciously, I check to make sure my cheer top covers my hickey. It does.

I give him a face as Zev slaps his head, snapping his focus.

"What?" I demand.

He just shakes his head, blinking twice. "Have you seen Ashton this morning?"

I pinch my brow, confused by his weird behavior. "Not yet, why?"

All three guys share a panicked look, Zev finally coughing. "No reason."

The bell rings, silencing whatever thoughts I have about how strange they're acting. I take a deep breath before entering Lang, ignoring the girls' attempts to get information out of me, I'm definitely not ready for this class.

Avoiding eye contact with Ms. Miller, I hurry through the rows of chairs, barely acknowledging Ashton. What I do notice is the jab Stella gives my ribs as we reach our little corner of the room. "What?" I hiss, taking my seat.

She just points at Ashton, for once at a loss for words. Ella stares too.

I glance over and find nothing different. He's wearing jeans and his basketball jersey, typical attire for game day. A book open in front of him, a little crease is on his forehead as he focuses. He looks cute.

I give her a confused look, Ella just nudges me again. Annoyed, I risk another glance and my blood runs cold. As Ashton goes to put his book up I see a hickey on the side of his neck.

My jaw drops, does this boy have no decency?

I rest my head against the desk, keeping it there all of class. That way I don't have to see Ella and Stella. Or Ashton and his damn hickey. Or my teacher that I caught buying condoms.

Maybe no ones seen it. Ashton sits in the back corner and he probably got to class before the majority of people. Maybe he doesn't even know it's there, it's in a difficult place for him to see.

Once class gets out, I grab Ashton's hand and drag him to an empty classroom, ignoring his attempts to talk to me. A few people do a double take as we pass. Yup, it's noticeable.

"Are you feeling ok?" He asks, putting a hand to my forehead.

I swat his hand away, pointing an accusing finger at his neck. "Why didn't you tell me you had that?"

He's confused for a second before touching his hickey, "I assumed you knew, I mean, you're the one who put it there."

I let out a sequel of frustration, "No, I didn't even know I could do that!"