Bonus~ Surprise

"Kowabunga!" The twins scream as they jump into the pool.

There's a loud splash followed by a plop as Saffron jumps. Peeling my sunglasses off I watch them mess around, enjoying their laughter.

"A strawberry daiquiri, non alcoholic." Sage offers me the drink is his mock server voice before taking the seat next to me.

Sighing, I take a sip. This is the life. We've spent the the last four weeks in a hotel, with gormet food, room service, and the beach just on the other side of the fence.

I don't have to lift a finger.

"How's your day off, Mister Hot Shot?" I ask my brother, barely able to keep a straight face as I use the nickname his team gave him.

Sage rolls his eyes, "It's almost perfect."

I catch what he doesn't say, it would be better if Ella was here. They talk on the phone even more than Ashton and I do, especially since Ella's parents started sending her to therapy.

The divorce is at a standstill for now, waiting till she's 18 to do anything. That way there's no custody battle wasted for a child who's about to be an adult. She's going insane, and Sage not being home isn't helping.

But my brother is currently killing the game. He doesn't pitch a game without someone in the stands to watch him. He's won MVP for the last two tournaments he's pitched. It's caused a change in him, he's filled with so much more life down here.

In a way we all are. We make it a mission to go eat at all the places dad and his parents loved. Saffron might be a little addicted to Cuban coffee but that's okay. We go out and soak up the culture, and our Spanish is being put to the test. I had forgotten how out of practice the twins were.

Opening a Snapchat from Ashton my heart hurts a little, we're only an hour and a half apart but we haven't had the chance to see each other yet. His Abuela took this visit as an opportunity to have him completely fix up the house. He's painted walls, planted flowers, cleaned gutters, and he's loving every second of it.

It just makes me sad to know he flies back home in a week for football and we'll only have maybe two days together.

I miss you

Grinning like an idiot, I reply, you'll see me in like two days.

Instantly my screen is filled with his contact picture. Preparing myself, I answer. "Yes, Charming."

"I still have every right to miss you."

Such a drama queen. "And how much do you truly miss me?"

"So much, it physically hurts how empty I feel without you." Trust me, I can relate.

"I miss you too." I whisper, rubbing water off from the boys splashing.

"I miss your laugh. I miss your touch. I miss your kisses." His voice gets lower, "I miss kissing you, all of you."

My body begins to burn and it's not because of the sun, does this boy have no decency? "You are with your family."

"Not at the moment, doesn't mean it's not true." He chuckles.

He's going to be the death of me, I swear.

"Hey, Scar, tell Ashton we say hello!" The twins yell, noticing my discomfort. Risking a glance over at Sage, he's three seconds away from laughing.

Why would they even want to admit they know what he's talking about? Flipping them off, Uncle John and Miss Miller, I mean, Melissa, walk over to us.