55~ Dork

My life honestly couldn't be any better.

Sage and I walk down the hallway Monday morning, smiles stuck on our faces. Actually, I don't think we've stopped smiling all weekend. We experienced the worst pain imaginable just to finally find peace. Our friends are gathered around our lockers, everyone wearing frowns except for Ashton.

"Good morning." I chirp, wrapping my arms around Ashton.

He smiles, kissing my forehead. "Good morning."

The group just stares at me, Ella jumps when Sage pulls her in for a hug. Their eyes dart between the two of us, waiting to see who will crumble first.

"Are you okay?" Gabe finally asks, pressing his hand against my forehead.

Rolling my eyes, I swat his hand away. "We're completely fine."

I don't think it's possible to be any better. They share a concerned look, the panic evident on their faces.

"So did everything work out with custody?" Stella questions.

Sage and I laugh, "Oh, God no. It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced."

There's an awkward pause of silence and I glance back up at Ashton. We haven't seen each other since Friday night. I spent all weekend either in meetings with Dave or over at Ricardo's house.

It was nice to reconnect with them but I missed him.

Finally, Zev clears his throat. "Okay, drop the act. What the hell is going on?"

"Nothing." I assure them.

"But, Scar, you said everything went terrible." Ella corrects me.

"It did." Sage agrees, pecking her cheek. He winces slightly as she rests her head on his chest.

"But don't worry, I have a feeling everything will work out just the way it's supposed to." I tell them, a smile on my face.

Gabe's face instantly lights up, a knowing look replacing his concern. "Good, I'm glad to hear that."

I figured he would be. I'll wait till later to beat him up for gossiping about me. Emmy and Manny already knew the main details of my life, and the embarrassing ones. At first, I was humiliated but then I realized it was just his way of helping. He was their eyes and ears while I was away. That doesn't mean I don't plan on getting payback.

"Okay then, have you heard the news?" James asks, changing the topic much to his girlfriends dismay.

Sage and I share a look, "What news?"

Ella flings her phone in my face, "You're Twitter famous."

Pulling the phone from her hand, I find three pictures of Ashton and I on the screen. There's us at the football game before we kissed, us right after he caught me at the basketball game, and one of him spinning me around after his first baseball game. I take note of the thousands of retweet's and likes it's gotten before reading the caption.

Why carry the weight of a team when I already hold my world in my arms?

I roll my eyes at his cheesiness as the warning bell rings. Everyone heads off to class but I hold Ashton back, wanting to spend a moment alone before we go to class.

"I missed you." I admit, two days was a break but I'm talking about all of last week.

I'm definitely low on Ashton time.

"Of course you did." He smirks, "That's what all the ladies say."

I flick his nose playfully. I even missed his arrogance, not that I'd willingly admit that. Instead, I pretend to ignore him, walking towards class. He chases after me, accidentally running into a few kids in the process.