9~ Lazy Day

The dinging my phone wakes me up the next morning.

Saffron snuck into my bed at some point in the night, probably after a nightmare, currently cuddled up with me under the blankets. Her soft snores fill my room. I check my phone to see that it's 10:45.

Wow. I knew we were all tired but this is the latest I've slept in months. I check my texts, the first one from Ella last night.

Ella
Stell got drunk and made a fool of herself in front of James. Now I get to do damage control by myself.

Scar
How's she handling it?

Ella
Surprisingly well, James took us home last night. Picked her up bridal style and everything. I've never heard Stella giggle so much in my life.

I laugh quietly, careful not to create too much noise. That's something I would've loved to see. Stella so rarely does anything that makes her seem unscary. Loads of black clothing and yelling can do that to a person.

Scar
How romantic

Damn, I would've paid to see Avery's reaction to that. I can already picture the meltdown that followed. The second message was from Ashton, who texted me over an hour ago.

Ash
Good Morning

Scar
Morning, you're up early for someone who partied.

The reply takes a while.

Ash
I left... got bored

Scar
You? The king of conversation. Based off this last week I would've thought you never stopped talking

Ash

The conversation wasn't very stimulating

I roll my eyes, what a weirdo.

Ash
Do you want to hang out today, there's a park I found that's full of graffiti

I reread the message, surprised by his invitation. It's Saturday, why on Earth would he want to hang out with me.

Scar
Where at?

Ash
In some neighborhood called Oak Hill, on the other side of town I think.

I drop my phone as I read the name, that's a place I haven't thought of in a while. I hastily type out a reply.

Scar
I tend to steer clear of that area. And I think I'm gonna hang at home today.
Sorry Ash

Ash
Don't worry Scar, I need to unpack anyways.

I say goodbye to him, setting my phone on my dresser. The need to pee taking over my desire to stay in bed.

I gently remove the covers and tiptoe to the bathroom. Determined not to wake Saffron, who's an extremely light sleeper compared to the rest of us. After I do my business and put on my glasses I head back out to find her awake on my phone.

"Whatcha doin' li'l one?" I ask, silently wishing I had been quieter, now she'll never go back to sleep.

"Nothing, just snapping Stelly." She says before posing for a picture. Doing what she had declared to be her signature pose, lips pursed and eyes looking up. The embodiment of sass.

I chuckle as I snag my phone and take a picture of the two of us. We have messy morning hair and sleepy eyes but I post it to my story with the comment, Morning Snuggles