6. The Sacrifice

"Tonight's a full moon, we should assume that Klaus is going to break the curse tonight," i say sitting across from Stefan with Elijah behind me.

"Elena says that the sun and moon cruse are fake, that it is actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born from a werewolf bloodline. The curse simply just hides his werewolf capabilities. If he breaks it though, he will be a true hybrid," Elijah says calmly.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon asks walking in.

"Thank you for joining us Damon," i say taking a sip of the bourbon i took from his stash.

"We could kill him today, with Bonnie," Damon adds as he swipes the glass out of my hand.

"Damon," Stefan warns.

"No Bonnie can't use that much power without dieing," Elena says looking at him.

"I'll write her a great eulogy," since damon is standing next to me i hit his leg as Elena flashes me a quick smile.

"It's not an option Damon," Elena says.

"All right how do we break this curse?"

"The ritual itself is quite straightforward," i say as everyone looks at me, "the ingredients, you already know," i say as Elijah starts to walk across the room, "the moonstone which a witch will channel the full power from the moon breaking the spell bound to the moonstone itself. After that being both vampire and werewolf, Klaus will have to sacrifice one of each," Elijah had made his way back over to me since he only walked around the chair.

"Where do i fit into it?"

"You are the last part," i begin as Elijah takes a step back grabbing something, "Klaus must drink all blood from the doppelganger," realization hits Elena and Stefan grabs her hand reassuringly as Damon just gives her a look.

"And that's where you come in," Elena says looking at Elijah.

"This is an elixir that i have acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina, it possess mystical properties of resuscitation," he explains pulling out a bottle from the case.

"So i'll be dead?" Elena asks to make sure she understands.

"And then you won't," i say.

"That's your plan?" Damon says almost angrily, "a magical witch potion with no expiration date? You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"It won't work on her, the ring only works on humans and the doppelganger is a supernatural occurrence," i explain looking at Damon, "there is about a 1% chance that it will work."

"I'll take that over the elixir," Damon says before turning to Elena, "what if it doesn't work Elena?"

"Then i'll just be dead," she doesn't even hesitate saying this and Damon just looks at Stefan asking if he is really going to let her do this with his responding being that it is up to her. He just shakes his head and walks out of the room, i know he cares for her more than just friends or his brothers girlfriend and i know it kills him, "do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this?"

"Vampires are turning into a dime a dozen here and he has a witch already, then you are here very much alive leaving just the werewolf. He has been trying to break this curse for a thousand years so i'm going to say yes, he has a werewolf. If he doesn't already have one, he will by tonight, it's not hard to find a pack of them," i say hoping he doesn't touch any of my people because if he does i will gladly rip his head off.

"So it's happening tonight," Elena says and i nod.

"I'm going to go check on Damon, i'll be right back," Stefan says getting up and leaving the room leaving us in silence. Elena eventually got up and asked if we wanted anything to drink and we both denied.