26. The Beach

When i wake up the next morning i'm blinded by the sun so i turn my head into Josh’s chest to avoid the light as i hear him chuckle. We stay like this for a while until my phone goes off and i pick it up without looking at the caller id “this better be important,” i say.

“Yes i was hoping you could make something or bring something in today for the auction, your uncle is generously donating one of his,” mayor Lockwood says.

“Um i’m currently not in town right now but i should be able to get my brother to find on to give to my uncle to bring in,” i say rubbing my eyes slightly.

“Wonderful!” she says before hanging up so i text Caun telling him to grab one of my paintings that i don't really care for and that has a winter feel to it since that is what they are doing this action thing on. He responds quickly saying that he got one and asks where he should take it and i told him to just give it to Nik and he’ll take care of it.

After that i sit up stretching looking at Josh with a smile on my face, “good morning, even though it was ruined by that call,” he says laughing a bit as i sit up.

“It doesn't matter because we are here alone,” i tell him, “my uncles aren't here to bother us, my aunt isn’t here to annoy my uncles which annoy us.”

“What about Elijah?”

“My father leaves us alone for the most part doesn't he?”

“True, he does,” he says laughing, “come on i brough extra close for us,” he says grabbing my hand and pulling me up, guiding me to his car. In the trunk there was a book bag which he puts on his back, shuts the trunk before turning to me with a devilish smirk. I give him a questioning look before he grabs me speeding back to the gazebo before dropping me on the pellows.

“Siriously?” i ask laughing as i get up.

“Yes,” he says smiling pulling the book bag off his back, “but i figured since we are away from town we can stay her for at least the day, so” he opens up the bag  and i'm hit with two pieces of clothes which i quickly see is a swimsuit. When i look at it it is one of my two piece white ones that is somewhat netted at the top, it was one of my favorites. He then pulls out orange swim trunks putting down the book bag and pulling off his shirt, “what are you waiting for, come on change,” he says, “it’s not like i haven't seen everything before,” he winks at me and i roll my eyes as i quickly change. Before i know it i‘m being thrown into the water by Josh as he laughs diving under a wave. I'm quick to go after him dunking him under the water which makes him retaliate. This goes on for a while before he simply picks me up causing me to wrap my legs around his waist and arms around his neck, “so i was thinking,” he starts.

“Oh this can't be good,” i say sarcastically making him laugh.

“No it is actually really good, at least i think so,” i give him a questioning look so he continues, “what if we don't do stuff the traditional way with the wedding.”

“What do you mean?” i question.

“What if i take your name not you take mine, of course if your family and you are okay with that.”

“So you want to become Josh Mikaelson?”

“Yeah, if you and your family allow that.”

“I guarantee that they won't mind,” i say giving him a kiss.

“Great,” he says with a smile, “what about Prom? That is a week from now and graduation in two,” he says.

“Yeah i know, then we have to put the wedding in there somewhere,” i say to him.

“Yeah i know,” he says with a small sigh, “if you want we can talk to Caroline about it.”

“I don't think that is the best way to go about this, like the last time i checked they are trying to awaken Silas.”

“Maybe it will push that back a bit your friends will focus on our wedding they will be less inclined to go for it,” he points out.

“I doubt that but i can try to tell them that this story of a cure is a lie, that it’s just like the sun and moon curse,” i say to him and a smiles brightly at me, “what?”

“You just come up with stuff like this so easily that i can't believe you come up with most of it on the fly,” i couldn't help but laugh at this before we fall into a pit of silence.

After a while we got out of the water and dried off just laying on the beach for a while, it was quite relaxing. Honestly i think the last time that i was able to relax was when i was over in England with my father and the last time i was able to relax with Josh was before my family came to town when everything was calm. Before i knew it the sun was setting singling that we spent the entire day here and all i do is sigh, that’s when i get the feeling that we were being watched by who i do not know.

A/n: sorry this is mega short but I'm going to be updating another part tonight. I would also like to say that this book is going to be ending soon since the Originals role in TVD ends by the end of season four. I am planning on a sequal though so dont worry there will be more!! Also I'm not up to date on The Originals- I KNOW THAT IS HORRIBLE IF IM WRITING THIS DONT COMMENT SAYING THAT PLEASE- so the sequal will most likely take longer to write and update becuase I have to actully watch it all and most likely cry. Speaking of which from what I know what happens I'm probably going to change it but idk.

Anyways here are the swim trunks that Josh wears.