32. New Orleans

Once Nik and i made it to town it didn't take long for us to find this Agnes women and when we do my uncle approaches her as i stay behind looking to see if i could spot anyone that i knew, “good afternoon. Time for one more?” my uncle questions her.

“I have nothing to say to you,” just from the way she says this i knew my uncle’s presence was annoying her so i walk over.

“I know what you are. Half-vampire, half-beast. You’re a hybrid.”

“I wouldn't consider the wolf side the beast, but okay,” i say bringing her attention to me, “but yes, he is a hybrid, the original hybrid actually. Though that is a story for another time, don't you think Klaus?” i ask looking at him as he smiles knowing why i called him Klaus and not Nik.

“Elisha, what are you doing back here?” she asks.

“Simple, Klaus and i are looking for a witch that one of my witches says you know where we can find her.”

“Your witch should know where she is then, you did train her didn't you?”

“That’s not the point, plus she said that she didn't know and i trust her, now this witch we’re looking for is Jane-Anne Deveraux.”

Agnes clearly knows who it is, but lies saying, “sorry. I don't know.”

My uncle leans down to meet her at eye level, “well, now that’s a fib, isn't it?” Nik takes her hand from the table, “now, you see, we both know that you are a true witch amongst a sea of poseurs, so enough with fabrications. I’ve quite a temper.”

Agnus takes her hand out of Nik’s easily, “Witches don't talk outta school in the quarter. The vampire won't allow it. Those are the rules. I don't break Marcel’s rules,” she says.

“Where can we find Marcel? It’s been quite a long time since i was last here,” she doesn't say anything but i knew where he was just by the look she gave me, “thank you Agnus, i will remember this for when you come and ask for my help,” with that i walk away and my uncle follows as we head to Marcel’s bar, “Nik can you do me a favor and hang back when we walk in, there is something i need to say to Marcellus before anything else happens,” i could see him nod next to me before we enter the bar.

When we walk in Marcle was finishing up a song to some karaoke before saying, “thank you,” to all the applause he was getting. As he walks over to the bar stopping when he sees me making the people close to him also freeze, “Elisha,” he says smiling as he walks over to the bar getting two drinks as i sit next to him, “what brings you back to the kingdom?”

“It simple really,” i say as i quickly grab one of the knives on the bar and shove it through his hand then grabbing the bottle of strait vervain, dumping some of it on him. His guys tried to make a move to me but i just flash my fangs at them making them freeze. I turn back to Marcel which has pulled the knife out of his hand and heeled for the most part from the vervain, “the knife in the hand was for the wolves, the vervain was for the witches. You went against the treaty that i made between the three factions i couldn't possibly let that go unpunished,” i say looking at him, “but now that i have done something about it,” I smile at him, “how are you?”

This makes him laugh as everyone around us is confused, “you are something else,” i smile at him as he turns the everyone in the bar, “come on guys stop staring, she’ll kick your asses into next week,” with that everyone goes back to their conversations, “but to answer your question i'm good what about yourself?”

“I'm great, i found my family.”

“Really, are they everything you said they were?” he laughs.