18. Nicholas

A month has passed since Mikael had shown up and he has been trapped down in the basement this entire time since Nik isn’t fully okay with the idea of him being alive. Earlier today though, Nik told me that we can let Mikael go but only for him to be aloud to roam the house. I walk down to the basement and into the cellar to see Mikael on his phone texting someone, “congratulation you have been granted freedom from your shekels to roam the house, but you can't leave this place at all,” i say making him look up at me.

“Yeah, small problem though,” he says as i take off the chains giving him a questioning look, “someone that i made a deal with to help kill you and Niklaus is coming to Mystic Falls and is bringing a pack of wolves and witches.”

“We need to talk to Nik about this,” i say and he nods as i motion for him to follow me upstairs, “Nik! Rebekah! Kol! Father!” i yell getting them all to come to the living room plus my brother and Josh, “Mikael just informed me of a small problem we have coming our way,” after saying this i motion for Mikael to elaborate.

“Basically i made a deal with this guy to help me run you two down to kill you,” Mikael motions to Nik and me when he says this, “now that he has found you, later then i think he should have, he has contacted me and told my that he has found your location and is coming to Mystic Falls and wants to meet me here to take you down,” Mikael explains and i see Nik get a calculating look in his eye.

“Uncle Nik what are you thinking?” i ask and he simple looks at me and i dive into his head.

“We could take this guy on, we are the two strongest beings in existence,” i hear him think.

“True, but i will not allow you to do this, if this guy is working with Mikael, well was working with Mikael, then he probably has a white oak stake meaning you could die and i'm not going to let that happen,” i send back to him, i see him give me a hard look.

“I'm not about to let you die, not when i just learned you are my cousin, i will not allow it and Elijah would agree with me.”

“I’m stronger than any of you think i am, nothing can stop me. Plus this guy may only be a few centuries old, there is nothing to worry about,” i tell him and he gives me a half glare that was filled with worry.

“Elisha why don't you bring this conversation out so we can all hear what you are discussing?” my father says and i look at him nodding slightly.

“Does this guy have a white oak stake?” i ask turning to Mikael.

“He says that he does, but i doubt it since only a few were made from the tree before it was burned to the ground,” Mikael says, “i had most of them in my possession after i killed the pack since many of them were hiding them in their homes, but a few were unaccounted for.”

“I had a few, maybe ten, ones that my uncle had stashed away so that he could use them against you if you ever came after him. After you killed him and i had turned my brother i went to his house and collected all the stakes there then went to all his secret hiding places and grabbed the rest. I'm surprised you didn't find the one that he had on him, like it was in his boot you couldn't have missed it,” i say the last part looking directly at Mikael which just kind of rolls his eyes at me. I smile slightly at this before going back to being serious, “I destroyed all of them though, not wanting Mikael here to find them or someone else and have them used against me,” after i say this i hear Mikael’s phone go off and i see the name on the screen read Nicholas so i grab it quickly, “please tell me this isn't who i think it is,” i say looking at the name then up to Mikael and he just looks at the ground.

“Who is it?” my father asks with a smi-worried look, but i ignore him.

“Nicholas, you should be dead and nothing but dust by now,” i say, picking up the phone.