25. Miss Mystic Falls

When I wake up I feel Josh’s arm wrapped around me and i snuggle into his chest a little bit since i'm facing him. I could hear him laugh a little bit at this action, “hey you need to get up so you can go and practice for Miss Mystic Falls,” Josh says tapping my back slightly.

“That means you have to come to since you are going to be my date,” i tell him getting up and looking at my phone to see that Caroline texted me telling me that i have to be at the Lockwood mansion in an hour and a half, this was about half an hour ago. I text her quickley asking if my date also has to come and she responds with a yes and we should bring our outfits so i tell Josh making him get up and find one of his old work outfits before changing into blue jeans that are ripped in the knees and a sweatshirt that has fake rips in it with a snapback. I grab an All Time Low shirt with ripped black jeans and a beanie changing quickly as i stand in our closet looking at the dresses i have, “Josh what are you wearing?” i call out to him.

“Black button up shirt with black jeans, red vans and tie,” he tells me coming into the closet, “why?”

“I want to know so i know what dress to pick,” i tell him putting two dresses away and leaving the third one out, “this red one will work fine,” i say grabbing one of the clothes carriers i have putting the dress in as Josh grabs his clothes and puts it into another one. I grab my phone and he grabs his before we head down to his car and over to the Lockwood mansion for practice.

“Elisha!” Caroline says as she runs over to me and Josh, “who’s this?” she asks as she looks at Josh.

“Caroline this is Josh, my boyfriend,” i tell her as Josh puts his arm around my waist, “and before you ask we’ve been together for 200 years and my family loves him or at least tolerates him enough that they- Nik- hasn't killed him.”

“It could be that he is worried that you’ll hate him,” Josh says looking at me with a smile.

“You guys are so cute together, but you need to go up stairs and sit your stuff down then Josh you must come back down so we can start,” she demands getting into her ‘everything must be perfect’ persona. I'm quick to move grabbing Josh as i lead him into the house and up stairs putting our things down before i send Josh back down the stairs to figure out where he should be as i find the others girls.

“Elisha?” i hear April say and i turn around to see her standing there.

“Hey April, how are you?” i ask walking over to her.

“I'm good, are you in Miss Mystic Falls?”

“Yeah, and yes i know i basically missed all the practicing for the dance and all that but i didn't know i was in this until about two days ago.”

“Didn't you sign up for this though?” she asks confused.

“No that was all my brother,” i tell her laughing a bit, “anyways who is your escort for this?” i ask as she leads me back over to the other girls.

“Jeremy said that he would,” she says with a small smile, “he’s so sweet.”

“He truly is April,” i respond as Caroline starts to order people to come down the steps. I’m not sure where i'm supposed to be in the line but it turns out that i'm third to last meaning i'm in the middle.

“Elisha Mikaelson accompanied by Josh,” she pauses as Josh leans over and whispers something, “Martin,” i have to smile at this as i reach the bottom of the steps and put my arm through his as he walks out of the house to the patio where we wait for the last two couples. When they come out we start the dance which i could tell that Josh knew and i of course knew it since i was with my friends last year and the fact that it was just a simple waltz. When we finished Caroline dismissed everyone but i stayed behind to talk to her, “Elisha i'm busy so whatever this is make it quick.”