15. England

I wake up semi early in the morning and get dressed in a pair of black jeans that have holes in the knees, a white shirt with a flannel pattern scarf and forest green jacket. To top the outfit off i put on brown combat boots. I give myself a once over in the mirror before looking at the jewelry box remembering the items i made for my uncles and aunt. I grab the jewelry leaving my room heading to Kol’s room hearing that he is up. I lean against the door frame, knocking on the door to bring his attention to me, “i thought you were leaving with my brother,” Kol says raising an eyebrow at me.

“Yeah i am, but i want to you you this,” i say pulling out a simple ring and handing it to him, “just promise that you will wear this at all times,” i place the ring in his hand closing it around the ring.

“What is it?” he asks, confused.

“You were a witch once, you’ll figure it out,” i say with a light smile before walking to the door, “I would like it if you text me once in awhile so i know you're not getting yourself into to much trouble, but are having fun,” i give him a knowing smile making him laugh a bit.

“We’ll see about that,” he says putting on the ring. I feel the connection to him complete and i know that he feels something because he looks over at me, “a protection ring,” i nod to him before leaving his room walking back to mine quickly to grab the note i wrote Rebekah since i had a feeling that she won't be up. I walk to her room walking over to her bedside table placing the envelope down with the bracelet on top of it. When i leave her room silently shutting the door behind me i sense someone coming before i’m speed off into Nik’s art room.

“Why are you leaving?” Nik asks.

“I need time away from this place, i think this is the time to take it,” i say looking at him, “i’ve been away from this place for maybe a decade and i was off the rails then. I block that part of time out of my mind not wanting to think about it and it was then that i left, and even then i didn't leave the states.”

“You told me that you would be here, now you are leaving, what should i make of that?” he asks surprisingly calm.

“I may not be physically here, but i will be here, with you, with Rebekah, with Kol wherever he may be going,” i say to him pulling out the necklace i made for him, “i made you this so i know if you are in trouble, it will link us. I made a bracelet for Rebekah, ring for Kol and i already made a ring for my father months ago, now you have this necklace,” i say handing it to him, “if you ever need me, just think about what you want to tell me and grasp the necklace, i’ll know,” he takes the necklace and looks at it slightly running his finger over the design, “all i ask is for you to wear it at all times,” he nods to this sliding it over his head letting it lay over his shirt.

“Be careful, i know my brother won't let anything happen to you, but please just be careful,” he says before pulling me into a hug, “thank you for the necklace, i love it.”

“I figured you would,” i say pulling away from him, “i should probably go see Elijah to see when we are leaving,” Nik nods to this as i walk to the door and he stays in his spot so i stop in the entrance, “text me updates about what’s happening here,” he nods to this not looking at me, “take care uncle Nik,” he looks over at me with eyes that are slightly filled with tears before i leave knowing that if i didn't leave then that i probably wouldn't.

I walk back to my room grabbing my bag looking over to see Josh still peacefully sleeping before leaving the room once again to walk down stairs to see Elijah and Caun in the kitchen talking, “Got everything you need?” Caun asks and i nod.

“You sure you want to come?” Elijah says stepping over in front of me.

“Yeah,” i nod before looking at him, “i need a break away from this town.”