21. Another One?!?

When i wake up i see my father sitting on the chair across from me reading a book and i'm confused until i raise my head i notice that i'm leaning on Nik. He looks down at me with a small smile before turning back to his drawing that he was working on, “good morning,” he says and i don't answer instead i get up, stretching before walking into the kitchen to get coffee. I hear someone walk into the kitchen and i pick up that it is Rebekah almost instantly.

“How are you feeling?” i ask her.

“Much better actually,” she says with a smile, “what you said really helped.”

“Yeah i know,” i say with a shrug and drink some of my coffee, “one of my guys got in a bind like that a couple years back and he had a half decent tolerance to vervain and it still affected him. I gave him some blood and told him to rest and he was fine,” i laugh a little at this, “being alive for a millenia you pick up on small things like that.”

“I'm glad you learned that and other things over time,” Rebekah says laughing also, “can you get me a cup of coffee then,” i nod as i turn around sitting down my cup before pouring her one, “i heard my brothers whispering this morning,” she says quietly.

“Let me guess, it’s because i fell asleep against Nik while we were talking?” i say to her as i hop up onto the counter sipping on my coffee after handing her hers.

“Yeah,” she says with a nod.

“What was said?” i ask knowing that the two guys were probably listening in on the conversation.

“Basically Elijah asking what happened and making sure you are okay even though i'm pretty sure he heard your conversation with Nik last night,” i nod to this understanding, “to be honest i think Elijah is worried that you will start taking to Nik more then him.”

I have to laugh at this a little bit, “i love Nik, but i will never call him my father. He is like my best friend that i can tell what he is thinking when no one else can. Nik and i have a understanding of each other that no one will ever have with either one of us. I know that my father will try to understand me completely, but like it or not Nik is the only person that can come close to that because he is the original hybrid,” with that i get off the counter and rinse out my cup leaving it in the sink before walking out of the kitchen and up to my room. I hear my father and uncle calling after me but i ignore them even their insistent knocking on my door. I get changed into my sweatshirt that goes with one of Josh’s since it says Queen and has a 18 on the back to represent 1814 the year we got together. Now that i think of it, i haven't seen Josh, i wonder where he is. I grab my phone texting him quickly and he told me that he was at my place to grab something since there was a memorial service thing later today for the pastor. I asked him if he was going to drag me along to this memorial and he said that he was along with Bash and Rosa. I sigh to this and take off the sweatshirt that i put on figuring it wouldn't be appropriate for a memorial and change into a black dress with little heels and a jacket. I notice now that the knocking on the door stopped, but i could still sense the two standing outside of the door, “you guys mise as well come in rather than stand out there awkwardly,” I hear my door crack open as i move to the mirror in the room to do my makeup, “let me guess you want to talk about what i said in the kitchen because Nik wants to know why i won't view him as a father and father, you want to know why you will never be able to fully understand me,” i say as i finish up my eye make-up and quickly put lipstick on. I sigh and look at them and smile slightly, “i don't think there is much more to say to be honest, i said my peace i don't know what you could possibly be confused on,” both of them look at me kind of shocked when i say this and i get up walking over to them, “Uncle Nik, you will understand me because you are a hybrid just like me, and father, you will understand me to a point. Together both of you will fully understand me, but solely i don't think anyone ever will.”