𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞r 𝟐

"How do I look away,
Now that I have seen you?"
.

It was the middle of December, wallowing in oppressed snowflakes and icy frostbites.

It was the kind of loose leaf winter, that forecasted brazen winds, the kind that made one's toes crinkle and shy away underneath blankets.

Yet? Vera Lee had experienced an never ending wave of heat sequences. As if she were in the middle of May with scorching skin, that refused to lessen or cease in fever.

Sadly enough, then it was the same recurring dreams of her relieving an actual heat, that activated a milking addiction to the craving of bouncing naked flesh —which she surprisingly didn't want to wake up from.

It sounded awkwardly comical, but the angst discomfort was no dinner conversation starter. Vera had only heard of human heat experiences, it wasn't entirely a rarity. Maybe that could explain the reasoning behind the volcanic eruptions that were occurring on her flesh, but then that would also mean she had a wolf counterpart as a mate.

Nevertheless, It was the same greedy routine no matter the settings being her bedroom or either a hard desk. Vera always awoke sweating and panting like her body had been set ablaze at the fire place. Her heart beat would race and get caught in between her ear drums, dampening pains in her lower back felt to be bruising. Every limb on Vera's body felt reduced of functioning and she couldn't entirely grasp, why?

Although her actual dreams grew crazier, she still kept safe of her particular dreams in which she hoped and planned for, everyday in fact. Holding them tightly alike the rare photographs aside her journal.

Vera Lee lived so regularly that she might as well had been a full fledged mortal with no werewolf gene to make life intriguing. She did laundry, washed dishes and got paper thrown at in hallways. Not particularly the highlight but Vera could manage until this hell was over these people called school, and then she could take flight after flight to foreign lands for different colleges.

Maybe then she could start her journey with finding her soul mate. That's if she really had one of course.

Despite her knowing the possibilities of having a mate and being unable to shift, Mrs Hart once told her that even subhumans had mates. Just as easily as they co-existed, it was rare but still possible. Maybe that was the idea Vera secretly kept ahold of and not the possibility of the prince actually being hers.

Right?

A butterfly swims in her chest forming a knot as her cheeks lit up tainted cherry blossom, at the thought of him again, invading her head. Invading her warm body...The prince was an unholy subject.

After school, as soon as Vera went home she climbed into bed cradling the diary she loved so much and read at her previous outlooks.

Anyone who didn't live in the royal quarters of BeckonStone weren't even suppose to know what the royal family looked like, this ideal was suppose to keep the indifference between superiority ranks, however surely it was limited things accessible to even her knowledge.

Vera has read books, articles which fed her desire to know the prince was a master mind at seduction with those silvery colored- eyes that resembled ashes on coal, but in some pictures though they were a solid defined ruby red.