08. Calloused

Have you ever seen both Heaven
and Hell inside someone's eyes?

.

Light rays roamed as shadows crawled between the doorsills cracks — enveloping the scarred girl inside of a dark room that was adored by enchantment, grace. The fire place was still crackling loud at the hearth as it did once her mate first torched it.

Vera stirred in her sleep as nightmares of the previous night played over like a radio in the depths of her mind. All while ending the same - with Alexander claiming her so domineeringly, like his wolf kin did with their mates.

One set of eyes still chilled her bones remembering how she gawked at the grotesque monstrosity getting off to Eve. Wordlessly biting over and over again into the curvaceousness of her neck as Eve called out her name at first until she started barking a different name.

Her mate's name.

Then her mind drifted back to a certain alpha, making her wonder if he would preform in the rough acts as they did, giving in to his carnal side. Driven by the gods of Love and Fertility.

A clear picture of the lycan prince tasting her skin, dipping his tongue into uncharted territory, marking, claiming her most loveliest intimate areas invaded her conscious. How her insides would reek of his milky fluids after their ferals first release reminded her of a game of tug and war. Did she really want Alexander to take her in such savage way? Would he do it out of love or just to be crowned by his father amongst his family and trustees.

And Mavis... more specifically her and that beta...

Out of a heap of frustration, Vera filled with heat. She tossed and turns underneath the sheets of the bed, before realization dawned upon the fact that she laid restless in his bed.

If she didn't move she'd nearly bask or drown in his scent that was all far too consuming. His intoxicating fumes would seize and drug her if she allowed it.

The raven haired child found herself lifting the bedding to her face at first to wrap it around her head like a freshly knitted sweater, before she would start inhaling it like a mad woman.

"You like how I smell." The prince says this more like a justification instead of asking.

Vera wasn't aware of his presence realized, but she shamelessly still held up her nose close to his pillow where he once resided his head. If only the tiny girl had known he stood over her, she wouldn't have acted so crazy for his natural aroma.

The blush abuptly colors Vera's face. "No it's not that- I just have-" she tries to reason but fails miserably.

"My scent finds you in best comfort the same as yours does to me." The prince admits. "You infatuate him, alot."

Vera stares openly at her mate as if just seeing him physically for the first time. Dark rings circles around his eyes hinting to the hours of sleep he's gotten. If he did get any sleep, that is.

"My wolf I mean." Alexander steals this moment to stand closer to her bedside.

"You don't say," She hums more to herself, but Alexander hadn't dared to say anything. He only watches with prominent eyes, cutting into her soul like a tainted dagger.