05. Alexander, Bane

"He's more of myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, His and Mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

Edited

.

Beta Hector shuffles around in a desk chair in front of his alpha, in a subtle attempt to return to the current predicament they were discussing. He clears his throat again, instantly gaining the attention from his superior.

The deluded grace in which the prince was, seemingly charmed to be rather anxious. Alpha Alexander could not resist to thread his, impulsive fingers, throughout Vera's silky onyx hair.

All the while her innocence, laid in a dreamless realm, her soft snores infiltrated the bedroom— over the Alpha's own heavy intake, of breathing throughout his nostrils.

Breaking the silence, "What exactly do you plan on doing with her?" Hector only asks, whilst the Alpha darted his eyes back to his little female who slept.

Alexander hums obscurely while his tongue slid over his bottom lip, many thoughts coursed inside of his head, and they all shattered into an everlasting image of her entity...and perhaps he didn't know why.

"What is it that you mean, what am I going to do with her?" Gritting his teeth, the prince sported evident aggravation. "What possibly could I do, she is my soul partner."

Finalization was set on his mind and could not anyone negate a further dispute. Except Beta Hector who dared upon his tippy toes.

"She's a mere child."

A beading sweat fell from his forehead, and Hector was melting on the spot. The lit hearth which glowered the entire room, served little to no justice in cooling him down. Solar veins were at a fret.

"She's a pup." Hector stated, gaining the confidence to proceed.

Alexander shifts his mate further off of his lap, to the bed before he stands. He turns his back to the Beta, not wanting to converse any further,

"You're out of your mind Prince, if you believe she is capable of being what you need her to be." Time fleets hastily, when suddenly the lycan began to march towards Hector, his booming steps echoing each time his feet met the ground.

"What do you think I need her to be?" Alexander spoke slowly, dissecting the look upon the beta's face.

"In this day and age?" Hector scoffs, "We don't have time to waste, training a child to play Luna. We need an agile but strong woman on the basis of a queen, especially in the face of such mortal threats."

Alexander relaxes, contemplating on this. His muscles flex wickedly underneath his fitted button down tee. Hector tries to probe at the alpha once more.

"What will your King think of this?"

Hector slumps farther back into his chair before Alexander reaches him in two flimsy foot steps—and suddenly he cushions the blows from Alexander's fists, with his arms protectively shielding his face.

Hector felt blameless and didn't regret what he had said because undeniably, it was his truth.

"Don't you think recollection has occurred to me, Beta Hector, about our king?"

The more prejudiced male doesn't hesitate to snarl into the beta's face, with his claws poking out at his throat.

Alexander's chest rumbles from the growl that gathered in the pit of his throat, "Who says I give a rat's ass about what our king thinks, Hector?She's my mate."