Preface

.

Shielded behind layers of cognitive matter, a raw essence survived there—excessively hidden below the fingertips. I could see proactive alive stains.

A greasy intellect collectively embedded just beneath my nails and I could not bring myself to rid my fiend of its identity, for everyone would have to know what I was.

My hands were covered with invisible ink, all the words I've written resided there' leaving a writer's residue. So unique and configuring, I encircled around it with the patronized padding of my thumb.

I feel the frosting kiss of a winter's solstice before the melody of rustling tree branches blared, reminding me of my milking insomnia. How I treasured the night's company aside the moon's wheedling to come near; to come closer. I could feel the true god inside of me prancing around with a lolled tongue begging for any form of release, but I'd known all too vigorously, that was a rather bad idea.

We've got to stop meeting like this.

For we are neither acquaintances nor strangers.

The grass crinkles and shies away from me almost out of spited jealousy of my companionship with the faint-hearted, moon. To have a connection so unearthly, sometimes I wondered with the traveling spirit nestling inside of me, and the inability to access incantations...

Is being unworthy of this world dangerously fitting? Or perhaps unconstitutional?

I distract myself further with the removal of my clothes, my buttoned uniform undone and in suit, came my brown leathered faux oxfords. I grimace at the dirt that covered the bottom half of my shoes but gulped sternly before turning away to gather my fully dilated surroundings.

I could see things in inches, lifespans, and colorful arrays.

Trees for miles amongst trees, the sound of running water indicated the river close by.

I almost chuckle as with each step I took closer into the woods, I could hear the pounding drum in my ears that were in sync with the swaying of the water. My blood ran cold, the color of golden steel and aluminum.

Shortly as anxiety wrecked havoc down my nervous tendons, I succeeded in distracting myself. Before I knew it, the clasp of my bra snapped and it fell to the ground out of grace, almost seeping into the greenery as I slid down my panty from my short stubby -shaven legs.

I purse my lips into a thin line before the moon's glare faultlessly carried me into the woods, where I almost feel swallowed by foliage and overlapped with tree nymphs who all bellowed out one name.

My name.

I've been avoiding this for many nights now but filled with fever and disorientation, I can't bring myself to function or run away from it.

In his voice, I have to embrace it.

My chest begins to shake and my breathing became labored. It is the uneasiness that develops between my folds once a hand snakes around my neck, that pulled me in flush against a chest.

"It's been a pleasure coaxing you to join me," He mumbles. Innocently, his voice sounded like a mixture of both sandpaper and cotton which soaked in ponds of velvet. Every syllable clipped from his tone underlies in a teasing slur.

I've been dreading this day since our first skim of skin exchange and my heart seems to tumble into my ass. I wanted to take control, I did but everything in my body caved in... it gave in to our superior, after his viper-like tongue darted outside of his mouth, to slice down my earlobe...

Ranked #2 in Lycan 04/13/22
Ranked #9 in Brutality 07/16/20
Ranked #2 in Beta 07/06/21
Ranked #2 in Dark Romance 12/11/21
(Complete, Under Mild Editing)