19. Storyteller

.

Vera sat in the bloodied tub, soaking her entire body with warm water while being covered in suds and bubbles. Her dark hair vanquished it's flames and rested damply against her forehead, while also spilling sultry around her shoulders.
She felt powerful and powerless equally falling motionless underneath her bathing pool. It was maddening how many emotions ran blankly inside of her mind.

Her roguery gazed openly through the window at the midnight sky and the stars which glistened back at her into a smirk. Vera imagined her mate running along the forest lines but she'd known better than to think he'd be on his way back to her any time soon. Not after she'd shifted into a feral beast, and especially after she'd been approached by another man.

To make matters more dire, Alexander could feel the excitement Vera felt upon being pursued by Adonis.

Just that single thought alone, is enough to make Vera shiver and sink deeper into the warm bubbles that encompassed her.

She broke away her gaze from the moon's glare as Heidi began to mumble something.

"What!" The attitude leeches from her tone so quickly being spat onto Heidi, who furrows her eyebrows dejectedly.

"I said that I'd like to tell you a story. That's if you allow me to, Vera." Heidi sat in the stool in front of the tub with the naked Vera soaking underneath.

For all the time in the world, Vera always hated Heidi's quizzical lectures. She didn't need the confusion.

Vera leans forward to show she was indeed listening when Heidi grabs the nearest rag beginning to bathe her.

"Your words would only trail me deeper into another maze, you know that right?" Vera whispers as she wiped at her wet eyes. From water, and sobs.

Heidi smiles lowly at her response but didn't mind it. "Will you just listen." Heidi pleads obstructively.

Heidi already knew where she'd begin, If only Vera was determined to listen truly and fully. Then would she grasp then entirety of the story.

And what it really meant.

Vera lets out a desperate sigh resting her back against the tub until the water came just below her nose. She sees her reflection mirror her action threw the glass where the moon gleamed, then she hummed to herself even more trying to find tranquility.

Instead she sufficed with a pounding headache that nauseated her brain and shifted around her core until it reduced an infuriating heat to atoms.