𝟏𝟎

A simple truth?
We'll never have today again.

.

.~.

Before Beta Hector could snap back into reality, he'd been tossing everything off of his night stand, crashing it to the floor.

Shards of glass from picture frames shattered on impact once connecting to the ground beneath him. The Beta doesn't plan on stopping, he doesn't stop until he hears a soft voice.

Hector ignores the touch the first time, until finally he feels a soft palm pressing against his shoulder blade coaxing him at the sensation, the feeling spiraled with a new found adrenaline.

Electricity raced all over his skin, lulling him at the mere contact of a presence. It made Hector turn slightly enough to see her pleading for him to stop his assault but he refrained. The beta timidly was reaching a breaking point, that left splinters in his comfort place.

Where the second in command laid his head, he could no longer find peace. The beta was facing tangible devotion as he succumbed tantalizing challenges, but right now he stared ecstasy into the face.

"Hector. Baby please stop this madness." Mavis whines pressing her body against his. She grabbed his hand palming it with her stomach. Hoping he'd gain some sense. Some hope.

"Please." The smaller girl pleaded louder, rubbing her hand across her mate's cheek.

Hector was scaring the poor girl who was shaking like a leaf during a cool autumn breeze. Mavis has never seen him act this way, in such little time she has known him, but she knew his quarrel with the alpha could be so frustrating.

"I have doubts which worry me." Hector slams his fist into the headboard of the bed, "I don't think the prince knows what he's doing."

Mavis knew of the animosity her mate was having with Alpha Alexander, how he dwells on it when night falls wishing he had the power the lycan had. Any real reassurance Mavis could project onto the beta was futile. As nights have surpassed them, the beta pair grew restless.

"I can't get through to him Mavis. Everyday we're getting closer to the malediction and he doesn't even give a shit!" Mavis gets a good grip on Hector before pulling him back towards the bed.

"Hey! Listen to me, we can do this. I promise you. We'll survive." With glowering eyes, the brunette's response is confident, although she questioned herself within.

"It's like the prince does not understand. He won't prepare our pack, he doesn't tell them to expect blood shed in a matter of weeks. I think Prince Bane wants it this way." Hector looked around the room, shaking as he spoke through sweaty words.

Mavis steals the vulnerable moment to pull him onto the bed, where he'd laid but rarely slept most nights. All he did was train like crazy. Work himself to the edge, until all he could remember was pain. She feared for her mate's health. Hector was unraveling at her feet, and she was fumbling with the pieces.

A tear slid from Mavis's eye as she felt Hector shake in her arms quietly.

"Does the Alpha, know what the King wants?" Hector chuckles darkly staring into nothing.