Epilogue.

Unedited.

.

Once Prince Alexander and Luna Vera had fallen sunken into their deathless deaths, the rancor dagger laid in its place sedated.

Vera's lips were strained colorless meanwhile, the broken end of the blade she had used to slash herself vibrated inside of her chest. The pain was reverberating throughout her whole being, but the remnants of her soul, had not begun to cease into lifelessness yet. The fragility of the queen, still rested while her irises began to weep a calamity aside her lover. Vera thought the dagger seeped, burying itself deeper into her core but the cutlass had only missed its intended designation—by an inch.

That's when everything around the alpha pair began to shutter into complete havoc. The atmosphere drained the poisonous air around them, shafting into mayhem.

The doors to the dungeon had flown open, vibrating on its hinges, when soldiers and more soldiers covered in tattoos, barged inside of the tunneled chambers. These tattoo covered men immediately started shifting into their oily ratchet beasts, their wolves the color of midnight. Their furry coats matched the arrays of the outside cavern, which allowed a cool strain to race inside of the empty.

Alexander was dead, and his pack was being attacked by an enemy's. His lips would tremor in absolute fury and dismay. Vera is only grateful he wouldn't be alive to witness the crumble of everything he has ever worked for.

Vera blinked wildly while blood still spilled loosely from her mouth as she saw Alexander's pack being slaughtered. The first she had caught sight of was Paxton, him being ripped apart limb form limb by four large wolves. The wolves ate his intestines, as his screams infiltrated Vera's ears. She began to softly cry, wishing the dagger hadn't missed her heart so that her end could have been swift and easy. She didn't want to have to witness this. Everyone she has ever known being killed, more screams infiltrated her ears.

Hector, who was already injured and down on the ground, was bitten to pieces as another wolf sliced out his neck. They had torn off his legs with a precision so unfathomable.

Vera decided to close her eyes, death would inevitably claim her shortly. More cries shook the ground where she laid her head aside her mate, Alexander.

Vera heard the sound of approaching feet, until they stopped right beside her head. She blinked her eyes open, feeling the sensation of someone removing the dagger from her chest, but instead of awaiting relief, she forces their hand back— realigning the dagger where it was once penetrated just above her abdomen. Lionel looked from above her, with glassy tears in his dismissive sense. He fell to the ground on the opposite side of her from Alexander.

He only looked at her miraculously.

Vera couldn't help but notice, Lionel had always been angry,  she could tell by the frown lines flinching aside every tear and bundle of grief that seeped from his irises, but this male has never been tired. Pain was an attractive entity alone which she knew well all too vigorously, and yet it made him all the more... charismatic. That's when she realized she had predicted all of this.

She had predicted all of this would happen anyways. Since the beginning she had saw this coming. Vera Lee had chosen their fates. She saw who lived. She had perched her arms across who died.

She saw, in her dreams.
.

It shouldn't have gone this way, is all Vera Lee can think about while she imagine his eyelids fluttering shut until it numbly dissolves underneath cloudy misery that mingled between his and Vera's own. Sniffling, Vera wipes them cleanly from his face as She held him lightly against her bare chest.