17

He fell in love with her soul
before
He torched her skin.

.

Imagine turning on the faucet to a tub.
You then proceed to let out all of the cool water, before it turns soothingly hot; momentarily taking you by surprise.

But that was expected.

Who didn't know upon patiently waiting to fill your tub, the water would would have to turn from cold to hot.

Only except in this case Bane, was that water.

It was maddening how one moment he's threatening the expanse of Vera's life, then in the next he's all soft and cuddly with her—fully knowing he'd go back to being a perplexed double edged sword. Vera only sighs letting him lead her idly. She didn't question his tactics to lead, since for so long that's all she saw him as.

A leader, a mature lycan prince with a poised temper.

"Sometimes I wonder what has you so engrossed inside that head of yours," Alexander inquires.

His voice is steady and hard but filled of worry and sincerity.  Vera notes how he doesn't stray from the path leading the two deeper and deeper into the forest, all while keeping his body rigid and tense.

"Absolutely nothing." Vera says quickly.

"We're here," Alexander chimes.

Vera spotted a slight smile upturning upon the prince's, face before he replaces it with a deepening frown. He places Vera down on her feet slowly, despite her not wanting to leave his grasps. Not only because the alpha was warm and protective, but Vera swayed side to side while her head whipped to gauge the sight of her surroundings.

The raven haired girl, wanted to sink in the ground every-time she was apart from her mate. She pushes the feeling aside, before balancing into a frigid stance. It takes awhile for Vera to say anything, while gawking at the setting. A green lake that looks to be taken over by plants and a grassy wildlife. What others would find ugly —Vera saw innocent beauty in.

Small frogs hopping on lily pads, although the water had a greenish tint to it; Vera could see clearly the tiny fishes that swam quickly from even bigger amphibians.

"What is this," Vera couldn't help the smile that draped over her mouth that she tried to hide but couldn't.

Alexander pulls her hand back admiringly and this time he shows one of his own.

With a cheeky grin mirroring his female's, "I want you to see me, Vera." Absentmindedly the grimace vanishes from Alexander's face as he reinforces a more blank and ominous one. "All of me."

Bane felt divisible and more vulnerable in this moment seeing the bleak facial expression his mate returned but instead of commenting more on it, he pulled her hand to rest it onto his chest where he slid her palm further down until it fell lazily to his hip.

"What are you saying to me, Alexander." Vera mumbles with her eyes directed to where he controlled her hand. They were both equally lost for words until suddenly he used his other hand to wrap it around his mate's collar bone soon shifting his tenderness to the back of her neck. Alexander raised it until he roughly yanked the nape of her neck.