09.

Everything is more beautiful,
Because we are doomed.

Achilles

.

The day hadn't gone exactly as planned like Vera had hoped.

Instead of getting actual time to bond with the prince — subtly in suit, he followed out with his enforced promise. For her to spend the rest of the evening in her room, alone.

Vera didn't know whether it was his sultrious tone, or the mate bond, but either way it left her to obey. She hadn't gotten to see Mavis like she had hoped for or to check up on the impregnated Eve, who Vera couldn't fight to be fond of.

Any moment now, Alexander said someone would come to collect her and yet as time fleeted, she had not saw a single person. Rubbing the aching gape between her forehead, it was time to take matters into Vera's own hands.

Groaning aloud, she releases a growl out of pure aggravation before climbing to the edge of the bed. Vera kicks her feet off.

If anyone ever asked what spoiled happiness, Vera would tell them, she was her own self destruction. Even then, she couldn't keep living in solitude.

Vera thought about what her adoptive family were doing at a time like this. Was school going on around this hour? Her mind couldn't help but drift towards her twin sister Andy... because half admittedly, Vera missed her endless torment right about now and senseless bickering.

Did Andy miss her?

She missed her afternoon English lectures and learning about mates—werewolf biology. Hell, there was still a lot she didn't know about them, about herself. Like for example she's on the verge of turning seventeen and yet she still has not turned.

Vera proposed her wolf made short lived appearances now and then, but not as often on the regular female. Along with the thought of adulthood and maturing, Alexander abruptly drifted into her head, and just as easily as his physique appeared, did Vera straightforwardly get pissed off again.

That's it! I refuse to get treated like an adolescent! As if a light bulb had popped out above her head, Vera marches down stairs determined and quietly without making a sound.

The floors creaked beneath her feet as she started to slow down. Where exactly was the exit? Where around these torture chambers were her friends? Vera facepalms herself at the plan she created to act like an adult, but it lacked any solid detail.

Vera sighs turning sharply down a hallway to come to a silver door, the one she had once saw blood— no! smeared strawberry juice on—during the day of her tour, then she presses her ear against it to detect any voices.

Vera could not make out any familiar voices.
pushes the door once or twice before it finally came open after her consistent pounding and she takes a look passed the threshold.

"Yes!" Vera shouted, taking another daring look around the door to see no one in sight. She's found her own way leading outside. She could finally escape.

Vera thought quickly, closing the door behind her when instantly she breaks out into a sprint. She's panting like hell pushing her chubby legs forward. Adrenaline coursed through her body like electricity giving her the jolt of confidence to accelerate forward.