06.

Give the humans fire ...and they will burn to the ground.

.

Although Vera, the maiden, the damsel, spent elongated hours alone— whenever the Prince appeared she felt suffocated and engulfed by affirmations of affection.

She went to bed in another dreamless chamber and she couldn't blame anyone but her overridden stress, which began to feel like a mental detachment from the outside world, burdened by solitary.

Mavis had her own room and it took hell of convincing Alexander to allow Vera to camp with her instead of with him - which he reluctantly agreed to, but as morning came, the two girls only stared at one another while also daring the other to break the ice.

Mavis finally did.

"Who would've thought." She awkwardly chuckles, "That rebellious act you pulled to sneak off during the orientation out of nowhere, saying there was something pulling you towards it,"

"Who would've thought it was that man." She finishes off surprising herself with being able to summarize it.

What felt to be two days, since they had no track of time, they have spent in the castle and the only person they've came encountered  was the prince.

Not even Hector whom Vera has only seen once, had made another appearance. Why is that?

"You really think that pull I felt was the mate bond between him and I?" Vera bites back her lip nervously as Mavis nods surely.

"What else could it have been. My god, Vera don't tell me you are actually considering on staying here." Mavis desperately threw up her hands out of aspiration.

"Well Mavis, it's not like we actually have a choice." Vera soothed out her temples, slightly annoyed.

"Can we just please gather a plan or else you'll be rotting away here after being used by that creep." Mavis scampers out of their room, saying what she was burning to say all along.

Vera nibbles on her lip dejectedly staring off into space, all while relishing in the proposal Mavis had made. Vera never really planned on leaving.

Admittedly all to herself, it was a death wish. One that her mate would surely grant to anyone who went against him. So crazily, like Mavis decided on doing.

Alexander made it exclusively clear despite not wanting her near him, his wolf needed her. For she was far too valuable, to his meat head of an inner beast, to allow her to leave. It could not be bargained or negotiated, as he'd stated, it just needed to happen.

"Mavis, has it occurred to you even once that any plan we could master might end up being futile?"

Vera sighs looking out the windowpane, she admired the land surrounding Alexander's inhabitancy. From Mavis's room, she had a clear view of the back of the pack mansion, where few commoner people resided. On the gilded end of the castle, Vera could see the window to the shared room between her and the Alpha Prince.

Under her soft inspection, she studies the tree line, then the dirt paths marked around it. Even though she could hardly make out their figures, Vera knows at least seventy men decorate around the woods of the castle. Some would be in wolf form, some preferred to be in their fleshy skin.

The men hidden beyond the trees remained all fluently solid, and highly alerted.

"They are actual wolves Mavis. All of the time, and we are unshifted; practically human. Unless you know how to run like hell, I don't think there's a way out of here."