28. Delightful Ends

And if Love to be madness,May I never find sanity again

May I never find sanity again.

..

"It's simple. I want..." Time is deluded, bewitched and stolen by the swift pointing of a finger, Vera could see the King's censoring eyes look to her, pitch blackness over took his pupils which dilated, "Her."

The King wanted Alexander's mate, which he needn't clarification.

The sound of her mate's chair scraping against the floor turns Vera's throat into sandpaper. She hadn't even registered what was going on until Alexander had his father by the throat, lifting him up from the marbled floors with his feet dangling.

Vera gawks at the sight seeing Alexander toss the King, discarding him to the side like he weighed nothing. The remorseless Prince goes in to grab at his father again but is stopped by Augustus clawing at his hand, fisting around his buttoned tee.

He sends a lurching hit to the alpha who staggers back with a rumbling sound emitting from within his chest. "You can't have her." Is all Alexander says while staggering back against a wall. "She's my mate."

The father pounces on his son with them both colliding hard against the table. Plates shattering on impact once they meet the floor. Finally Alexander gains the upper hand flipping them over, but as soon as he crumbles to the floor Vera sees Clarity fall to her knees, howling boldly, showcasing her wolf's supercilious canines.

The Alpha male lifts his hand as his claws extend, talons the size of silver platters and disdainful knifes— the light from the chandelier hitting his eyes of pooling stagnation swarming with peril. He doesn't hesitate to swipe them cleanly down his father's face, pulling back, only to strike the King once again.

Clarity looks to be shifting but before she does she smiles viscously towards Vera. She had this look on her face that intended to scare the poor girl who tried to put on a facade of a human, otherwise she couldn't fight back, then the royal family would have recognized what she was and the human scent would be infiltrated by a malicious cocoon.

Vera mouthes the words "No." out of desperation, almost pleading with Clarity to withdraw back into human form, she needed to stay out of it because it wouldn't be fair to seeing two royals take on the alpha who looked to be loosing against his superior father. Viciously without a doubt, Clarity takes off into a sprint pounding directly onto Alexander back, tearing the shirt off to reveal exposed pulpy skin, where she bites down. Hard.

She's shaking her teeth inside the bite, almost tearing open a larger gape into Alexander's wound as the alpha releases a whimpering cry aloud. Vera visibly winces seeing her mate take hit for hit against his opponents but starts she violently shaking once she sees Clarity, spitting out clots of blood. Her mate's inky red collective tissue.