.1

Sometimes the only way to get the thoughts out of your head was to keep busy, letting everything flow, while the mind and body are busy doing something else. It was just that sometimes the mind was loaded with so many boulders, that it became painful even to stop for a moment, for the fear that they take over you. For fear that your moral state, your decisions, your judgments will be influenced by those unconscious thoughts, to which your mind would carry you whenever you had those few moments of peace. Sometimes this was the only way to stop thinking about what was happening outside your bubble.

That's why Alec spent most of his time coaching Max, his little brother. When the muscles of one's body were concentrated in planning the next movement, when everything was focused on the body of the other and on the next blow that it could launch. It was there that the thoughts were interrupted, it was there that as the boulders blocking the slow flow of a river the mind seems to stop working, it was there that a person felt free, able to breathe, without being afflicted continuously by those who were the problems of life.

"Try again". Alec said when Max tried to hit him with a kick but Alec dodged the blow. Max punched Alec's face, but he dodged it and then took Max's arm and, turning it, pressed it behind Max's back and with one hand on his shoulder he began to squeeze higher.

"Try again". Alec said grinning at his little brother.

"Argh ... it's easy for you, you have years of training behind you I h..."

"Max what did I always tell you?". Alec said in a serious voice letting go of his brother, who walked away shaking his arm.

"That we should never underestimate ourselves, otherwise it's impossible to beat the opponent". Max grinned at his brother and moved back into his position. Alec did the same, and Max started fighting. Max gave a blow aimed at Alec's chest, but he dodged it by putting his arm in front of himself. They did this for a couple of times, when Max decided to use a move that Alec had recently taught him, and he didn't know if he could do it. He approached Alec by speeding up his pace, put one foot on his leg to lift himself, rested his hands on his shoulders, and giving himself a push he turned, sitting on Alec's shoulders and putting his legs around his neck.

"Now who's to try again?". Max asked, grinning and clasping his legs around Alec's neck. Alec grinned and threw himself on to the ground, surprising Max, who widened his grip on his neck and Alec took this small chance to free himself by placing himself on his brother with a hand around his neck and a fist pointed at him.

"I think, always you Max". Alec said with a smile and stood up, offering a hand to Max, who took it and stood up too.

"I have to say that the idea of that move was good. And it came very well too." Alec smiled at Max, who grinned triumphantly.

"I can't help but agree." A voice said to the door of the large training room. The two boys looked towards the door and saw a blond man leaning next to it.

"In short, sometimes your brother really makes stupid judgments, but now, he is right." The blondy turned to Max and started walking towards them.

"I remembered that the sassy head was you between us". Alec said taking a few steps forward.

"Let's say that neither of us had a fairly calm temperament." The blond said, and Alec hugged him.

"I missed you bro". Alec told Jace Herondale, his best friend and teammate for five years.

"I missed you too". Jace said hugging Alec tightly. Jace had been moved to another station two years ago, and they had only listen each other by phone.

"What are you doing here?". Max said hugging Jace once Alec had gone away from the hug.

"Well they moved me here again." Max pulled away and Jace saw the Lightwood brothers open-mouthed.