.18

Destroyed.

Here are the only words that could be formulated in Alec's head, from more or less all day. He and Jace went on a mission to Saudi Arabia, and after a flight of more than 14h from New York to Dubai, lasted longer for the various stops that had taken in other place thanks to their private jet, Alec could see the pigs flying outside the window of the Burj Khalifa hotel the tallest skyscraper in the world. The view from there was spectacular, but Alec didn't have all that time to enjoy it, for now seeing another sky he was gagging.

They had arrived there a day earlier, to get organized with everything they needed, and honestly both Alec and Jace weren't of that idea, and they were both lying on a different couch in the living room, as if they were dead, and surely the darkness that was outside didn't help. It had been two weeks since Alec hadn't seen Magnus, and that made him sick a little. He felt really worse when he didn't see him, and Alec had almost returned from who he were before, so much that he had a fight with Max a few days ago always for his integration into the secret services, and he knew that this was all due to the return of old Alec.

They hadn't been much in contact because Magnus have had several missions only that week, since he had been missing for a long time, and Alec's brain had done nothing but lead him to think immediately that this was an excuse. But as if Magnus had foreseen that thought of his, he had immediately written that he didn't have to worry that they would still hear each other. In fact there had always been goodnight and good morning and sometimes like a how are you, but all these messages were sent first always by Magnus, and as Alec expected he never had the strength to contact him before him. But those good morning and good night for Alec were worth more than a thousand words, because every time Magnus sent them it was as if his heart started beating again, they were a sign that Magnus was okay, and Alec's face always had a smile on.

Although for their mesiversary, Magnus had video-called him, and even if at first it was a bit awkward, in the end they had been on the phone for three hours, not having the courage to hang off later. But even then Alec couldn't talk to Magnus about the insecurities that were continuing to haunt him.

"You know you should call him." Jace's voice took Alec away from his thoughts, making him turn his head sharply on the couch where he was lying.

"Who?". Alec asked as if he hadn't understood, astonished that Jace had told him right now.

"Alec don't be dork, I know you understood very well, and I know you were thinking of him". Jace said getting up from the couch and going to the fridge that was in the very luxurious room.

"You look like the voice in my head telling me what I really don't want to do. Sometimes it's stressful that you understand me so much". Alec said sitting on the couch and giving a small smile to Jace's swirling eyes.

"I remind you that this voice in your head." Jace said pointing towards himself.

"That always makes you do the right things, like the time you talked to Magnus about your insecurity about his departure. But apparently not even his reassurances were
enough". Jace said taking two beers in the fridge and returning to sit on the sofa in front of Alec, offering him one. Alec looked into his eyes like a puppy that had just been scolded, and took the bottle he was holding out to him.

"It's just that, Jace he is too busy. He said so". Alec said opening the beer and taking a sip.

"Alec is Sunday". Jace exclaimed exasperated hitting his face with one hand, and immediately with the other he brought the bottle to his lips.

"And there, is early compared to here. There will be ten o'clock in the evening, and I'm sure Magnus won't be doing anything except waiting for your call on his couch". Alec looked into Jace's eyes, bringing the beer away from his lips.