.20

"Mr. Bane another one?". The usual bartender asked for the sixth time within two hours.

"Thank you but no, rather I take it with pleasure." Catarina answered before Magnus, for fear that after the sixth glass tonight she would have to bring her best friend home by dragging his body to the apartment. But this time Magnus seemed not to have really heard to the bartender and Catarina thoughts that it was for the music too loud, but when he turned to his best friend he saw him again with his cell phone in his hands to update the same chat for the whole day.

"Magnus, why don't you stop it, this is only hurting yourself". Cat said taking the phone from Magnus, who immediately began to protest trying to get it back.

"Cat is right Magnus, you should have fun. It's your birthday". Ragnor said raising his voice to make himself heard beyond the music of the pub where Magnus had gone to "celebrate" with his friends. But this was the first time since they celebrated his birthday that Magnus wasn't unleashed, he wasn't amused, but he sat with that damn phone in his hand waiting for that simple piece of message that would have made his day shine.

"How can I have fun when my boyfriend forgot about my birthday". Magnus said desperately, banging his head on the counter. Although deep down he knew that this wasn't the real reason why he was in those conditions.

"Magnus you two have been together for almost three months, maybe he doesn't kno..."

"He knows. I told him when I was at his house, I don't know why it came out in a conversation, and I remember he was born on September 12th when he told me, so he should remember too". Magnus screamed to make himself feel exasperated by that situation.

"God Magnus you're making it a matter of principle. He's an agent, maybe he's working today and can't talk to you, that's why he doesn't even answer your calls. So stop and enjoy the evening". Ragnor said calling the bartender, and Magnus thought of his words. Yes maybe it was true, maybe he hadn't had time, but Alec had always replied even if he was on a mission to his good morning messages, but today he didn't. The very day he thought Alec would be closer to him because he cared about him, he didn't even send him a message. And that was the real problem for Magnus, he was so worried about Alec's health that he didn't care for his birthday.

"A Martini please?". Magnus said once the bartender approached Ragnor. The two best friends looked at him in a bad way, and when the bartender poured him a drink Ragnor took his glass and drank it all at once.

"Hey! Sorry but for you what is the concept of fun?". Magnus asked tired of that evening, fed up with all those thoughts, and fed up that for one person he had made his birthday become shit.

"Magnus, I met Alec and you can't really imagine how much he cares about you. When you were wounded he did everything to be close to you even though he said it was just because you had taken that bullet for him. There has been a special bond between you two from the beginning. So trust me if I tell you that if Alec didn't wish you happy birthday, there will be a good reason". Cat said putting a hand on his shoulder and making a sign to Ragnor, but Magnus misunderstood that gesture.

"Even though I never met him, I had my ears full from you. And as you described him to me, Cat is right. He really cares about you, and it's better for him because if not we will break his bones". Ragnor said taking his fists in his hands, making Magnus and Cat laugh.

"Thanks guys, but anyway the desire to celebrate is over. I'll go home. Enjoy the evening". Magnus said good-bye and left some money on the counter.

"ENJOY THE REST OF THE EVENING TOO". Magnus heard Ragnor come out shouting over the music, but he didn't pay much attention. When it came out the winter air hit him instantly, and he slowly started to walk along the streets of London. His apartment wasn't very close to that pub, but not so far away either, so Magnus decided to clear his mind by walking a little along the streets of London.