.16

"Hey guys you arrived just in time, lunch is ready even if you skip breakfast". Simon said turning to the boys and smiling, then turning again to the stove.

"Oh I had something more delicious to eat." Magnus whispered, and only Alec who stood in the doorway next to him could hear him, which made him open his eyes and turned his cheeks red. Alec coughed, and joined Simon near the stove, patting him on the shoulder.

"Thank you for being with Max and Magnus in this days." Simon smiled a little in amazement at Alec's behavior, but did as nothing happened. Alec greeted Raphael with the same gesture he had made with Simon, and then helped put the plates with food on the kitchen island, because they never ate in the dining room. Jace Simon and Raphael had already started a discussion on the last missions, and how many people had put K.O, even though Raphael wasn't very talkative, when he spoke of missions he looked like someone else.

"So what was so important to talk about, before making me wake up, Max?" Alec once said that the boys had started eating.

"Yeah, sorry for that Alec." Max said, lowering his head to his plate, and immediately the sense of guilt went up to Alec.

"It's nothing Max you know I'm uncontrollable in the morning." Alec said with a smile and Max immediately lit up and smiled, which made Alec's heart warm, because he always put the happiness of the people he loved first.

"Oh yes, I can confirm." Magnus whispered so that only Alec could hear  and turned red all over, and almost didn't choke on the food.

"So w-what did you want to tell me?" Alec stammered, while Magnus grinning patted him behind his back helping him to swallow.

"Well on Monday I will have one of the last training tests, and since I chose my missions mates I wanted to ask you if you could help us train, with the help of Magnus." Max asked a little insecure if his brother would like to agree even if he was very contrary to his integration on the secret services, but when he saw the smile on his brother's face it reassure him.

"I would be more than happy to help you, Kit and Ty training. They can come here too, and what do you think Magnus will you help me with those three lost cases?". Alec asked turning to Magnus.

"Hey we aren't lost cases." Max said starting to laugh along with Alec and Magnus. Only then Alec notice the silence that had been created at the table, there was only Jace's voice that kept talking. Simon and Raphael were looking at Alec with shocked expressions, and Alec understood very well why.

First Alec had always been reluctant to invite people into the house, second Alec was very opposed to Max's integration into the secret services, and third Alec hadn't laughed like that for a long time. And all these reasons were related to the same event that had upset Alec's life. Jace and Max hadn't reacted in the same way because since there was Magnus, they had become used to this new type of Alec, but the others weren't.

"I would be more than happy to help you, but I have a question." Magnus said he stopped laughing and didn't understand Raphael and Simon's expressions.

"Tell me". Alec said putting a mouthful of food in his mouth.

"Do you choose a partner to go on a mission?". Magnus asked, and now Jace too had stopped talking and found their conversation more interesting.

"Yes, it has been compulsory for some time, you need a partner to watch your back, as a guarantee that when you are trapped your partner can always help you." Alec said looking at Jace who smiled at him, and Magnus's eyes softened at that scene, even though his heart narrowed a little from the fact that he had never had such a person at his side. His closest friends were only two, and neither was an agent, and then in London, pair missions weren't mandatory, and in fact Magnus preferred to go alone than with someone he couldn't trust.