.35

Brazil.

Children playing football in the street, people shouting from over the balconies of houses telling them to be careful, the favelas that Magnus could see from afar, accumulations of houses almost attached to each other, you could almost jump from a roof to an other. Wow Magnus couldn't believe that Alec from a giant mason moved to one of these houses. Magnus took a few steps forward to walk towards the favelas, but he immediately took a few steps back after the imminent risk of being hit by a guy on a bicycle who yelled at him something unpleasant in Portuguese.

Unfortunately the Portuguese was one of those few languages that Magnus didn't know. Looking to the right and left more than once and making sure the road was free he started walking again. When Jace sent him the ticket, he was a little baffled to see that it was from Brazil, he loved everything about this place so it would also be a kind of vacation. Throughout the plane trip he had done nothing but think about what he should have said when he would met Alec.

And what if Alec looked cold and didn't consider Magnus when they looked at each other for the first time in a month? What if he refused to see him by throwing him away and couldn't have had a chance to see him? Or worse, if he had found someone else? Magnus shook his head thinking again about those things he had been thinking for the whole trip, and when he looked back at the place he was in front of, he saw that he had arrived, he needed nothing more than to start walking through the alleys of the favelas and hope not to find obstacles.

As he walked among the alleys it was increasingly strange to perceive the passage from the climate that was in London to the one that was here in Brazil. The sun was shining in the sky, there was also a slight breeze that made everything very pleasant, and Magnus was in bermuda shorts and a t-shirt, with a backpack on his back.

As he walked, there was no shortage of strange looks from some people who were outside their homes, but Magnus tried not to notice them going on. When all of a sudden, when he was about to move on to another alley, some people appears chasing  guns, rifles and M36 at him but only to intimidate him. There were five boys in all, and Magnus looked at them one by one, hoping that at least one of them spoke English.

"Hey, guys, can anyone understand my language?" When Magnus finished that sentence one of the boys spoke in Portuguese, and together with the other four boys he burst out laughing, and Magnus gave a forced smile.

"You, can you understand me?" Magnus asked the boy who had spoken, and all the laughter was instantly dead.

"Yes, I do". The boy said in English, but still keeping a little of that Portuguese accent. Magnus breathed a sigh of relief, at least he wouldn't have to fight after a long journey, he was really tired.

"Well, I'm here because I'm..." Magnus stopped not knowing how to describe his relationship with Alec at the time.

"... an old friend of one of the people who lives here, maybe you know him, he came here a month ago, his name is Alec Ligh..." Magnus didn't have time to finish the sentence that was slammed to the wall by one of the boys, and all five pointed their weapons at him and started talking quickly in Portuguese before one of them left.

"How do you know his name?" The boy who could speak in English asked aiming his gun further towards his chest.

"Guys calm down, I told you he was an old friend of mine". Not even managed to finish the sentence that the boys started talking again in Portuguese quickly and Magnus lost his patience.

Taking advantage of their moment of distraction, he make a firm grip on the boy's gun in front of him as to move it up so that if he wanted to shoot he wouldn't have shot him. Then he immediately gave an elbow to the boy next to him without wasting time, tearing the rifle from him at the same time as the boy in front of him, and holding them he aimed them at the two boys without a gun.