.6

"Here we are at home. I can't wait to get a good night's sleep." Jace said and got out of the car to open the door for Alec. Alec came out with Magnus in his arms, and Magnus was astonished by the big mason that Alec owned.

"Then it was Lorenzo the exaggerated type?!". Magnus said still half asleep and put his face in the crook of Alec's neck. Alec could no longer think straight, feeling Magnus's hot breath against his skin.

"Let's slow down, I don't want to wake Max." Alec said to Jace, and with Magnus in his arms he started up the stairs to the upstairs.

"Here we are, this will be your room for three weeks". Alec said in a low voice and slowly leaned Magnus on the huge bed in the room. Yes Magnus should have been with Lightwood for three weeks. Cat had called Alec on the way to tell him that the two weeks he needed to heal, while the other was to recover, and train. Alec was also busy calling the secret services in London and New York to tell them what had happened. And they had given 3 weeks to Alec and Magnus. At Jace no because he was missing for a long time and had to recover some things.

"Thank you". Magnus could only say before coughing. Alec quickly took a glass of water and brought it close to Magnus's lips.

"You don't have to thank me, you saved my life Magnus, it's the least". Alec smiled at Magnus who had drunk all the glass of water.

"But why did you do it?". Alec and Magnus looked into each other's eyes for a few minutes in silence before Magnus spoke.

"I-I... I don't know, I just know it was like an instinct, something that told me that nothing should happen to you, I just followed it." Alec felt his heart beating faster, and he didn't understand why Magnus's words made that effect. Magnus's cheeks were a little red, which he could hardly notice on his caramel-colored skin.

"I'm tired I think a good night's sleep will do me good". It was true that he was tired, but in reality he had said it simply because he didn't know what Alec would have answered what he had confessed.

"Yes. Goodnight Magnus". Alec smiled at him and went to the door of the bedroom he opened.

"Night Alexander". Magnus said and Alec closed the door and smiled. He couldn't believe that Magnus Bane, the man who worked for London's secret services, the man he never wanted in his house, was sleeping in the guest room.

'The karma' Alec thought and with this he went to his room hoping that this week did not become stressful.

.....

It was a cold winter morning. Magnus had woken up  a few minutes, and was watching the snow descending outside Alec's house. It was quite late since they had returned at seven in the morning to Alec's house, but Magnus hadn't slept very well. All his muscles hurt, and he felt a pain in his stomach. He was about to sit up in bed, but couldn't, and he collapsed again on the mattress, making a groan of pain. This night he was asleep with the scent of Alec's pajamas on him, and he didn't know why the smell made him feel good. When he was about to try to get up again someone knocked on the door.

"Come". Magnus said and hopelessly put his head back on the pillow.

"Good morning". A sleepy Alec with a gray hoodie and black pajama trousers entered the room. From the dark circles under his eyes you could see that he hadn't slept much.

"Morning". Magnus answered as Alec approached the bed.

"How did you sleep?". Alec asked him with a smile and went to get some bandages that Catarina had put in an envelope.

"I should ask you... you have giant bags under your eyes". Magnus said and his expression became worried when he remembered what Jace had told him.