Two

After the bowers incident at school, Stan offered to ride Tiny home. The brunette softly smiled at the curly-haired boy, taking his hand.

Stanley got onto his bike, and she slipped on behind him, sliding her arms around his waist. Tiny rested her head on his back as they rode to her home.

The boy smiled at the contact, happy to be with her. The wind blew through their hair, and made their eyes water as it hit them. They were content.

"Tiny?" Stan asked, quietly, not wanting to startle her.

She let out a little hum, letting him know she was listening.

"We're friends, right?"

She squeezed her arms around him tighter, "best friends." Tiny whispered, it was barely audible but he heard it. It wasn't that she didn't talk, it was that she didn't talk much. She figured it would be best to stay quiet than say anything at all. She had the record of getting herself in trouble.

Stan's smile got wider, "good." He said with a chuckle.

The rest of the ride was silent, only breaking when Stan announced that they had arrived to their house.

She stared at the house, disappointed that her time with Stan was over. She smiled at him and hugged him tight, her way of saying thanks.

"Good luck on your Torah reading.." she whispered in his ear.

His cheeks turned a shade of light pink, and his sent a small smile her way before riding off again.

Tiny made her way inside the house, setting her shoes by the door and jacket on the rack.

"Mila, is that you!" A loud voice boomed, slurring on their words.

The glassed girl walked into the living room where her mother lay on the couch.

"Good, you're here, get me the other bottle of wine will ya?"

The Thompson girl just nodded, speed-walking to the kitchen, grabbing the bottle, and making her way back to her mother. The glass bottle was taken from the younger girls hand, and her mom started to chug it.

"Start on dinner, Bitch!"

Slowly, she made her way to the stove. Starting on the pasta, she added salt and butter to the pot and continued on making supper, not wanting to upset her mother.

Dinner now ready, she set the plates at the table and told the older woman in the next room.

"Mama?" She called out, eyebrows raising in confusion.

She looked at the couch and saw that she had fallen asleep on the printed fabric. She let out a sigh, going up to her room for the night. She wasn't that hungry anyway.

The Thompson girl made her way to her nightstand, grabbing the novel she had started the day before. Stan suggested it to her, saying how 'he knows she likes birds'

Richie always made jokes on how the two should get together already, though Tiny wasn't sure he was really kidding.

A rustle from outside her window made her jump, scrambling off her bed in a haste. She stared out the glass, a red balloon coming into view. A look of confusion spread amongst her features, as she stepped closer to the window pane.

"Boo!"

She let out a scream as she whipped around to see a large clown smirking at her.

"Come on Pipsqueak!" The clown taunted, drool coming down from his lips. "Make some noise!"

He jumped toward her and she screamed again, closing her eyes and shielding herself. She waited and nothing happened, opening one eye, tiny's breath quickened with anxiety as she saw that no one was there.

Her bedroom door burst open, her mother storming in.

"Oh now you're gonna get it!" She yelled, stomping toward her.