Twenty-Five

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Stanley Uris rushes down the stairs of his home to open the front door. A happy smile on his face as it revealed his girlfriend, Tiny Thompson. Four years later and they were still as happy as they could be.

"I got the letter!" She announced, giddily as she let herself inside the home. "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Uris!"

His parents gave a wave and smile to their son's girlfriend before Stanley grabbed her hand walked up the stairs to his room. She sat Criss-crossed on his bed, leaning against the headboard as he sat in front of her.

"I got my letter, too...did you open it yet?" He asked, the envelope in his hands.

"No, I was waiting till I got here."

"I'm scared to open mine," Stanley confesses, staring at the paper.

"Why?" She asked. "Stan, you're crazy smart, any college would be stupid not to accept you."

"You flatter me too much, Babylove."

"It's not flattery if it's the truth!"

She kissed his lips softly as he pulled her closer so she was straddling his lap, "now come on, you hand me yours and I'll hand you mine."

They did the switch and opened them hastily, eyes scanning the parchment.

By the time they looked up at each other, they were grinning wider than the Cheshire Cat.

"You got in, Baby!"

"You're In!"

They sealed the deal with a kiss and cheered loudly. Stan dropped her on the bed so she was on her back and smiled at her, "we did it."

"We did."

"We're getting out of Derry."

"We are."

"Tiny Thompson, I'm so in love with you."

"Ditto."