Twenty-Six

"Stan, where are we going?"

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you, now would it?"

"Not even a hint?"

"No!" His laugh rang out as he led her through the forest.

His grip was snug around her hand while he walked.

Breath, Stanley.

This is tiny we're talking about.

You're fine.

The blindfold around her eyes was no help to her as she couldn't figure it out herself.

"Okay, I'm gonna pick you up now."

"What? Why?"

"Just trust me."

"Okay.

He lifted her up and set her on the entrance way as he climbed up the ladder himself.

"Can I look now?"

"You're so impatient."

"It's only when I don't see your face for long periods of time, it's like a withdrawal."

Her words make him bust out in laughter, clutching his stomach as tears sprang his eyes.

"Okay, I'm taking it off now."

"Finally!"

He stepped behind her and unraveled the blindfold from her face. When her eyes adjusted to the light, she was in complete awe. It was the treehouse, their treehouse.

"Stan.."

She turned around with a gasp, "holy shit."

Stanley Uris was in front of her, on one knee, with a ring in his hand. Her reaction made him chuckle.

"Mila Thompson, I have loved you since I was 6 years old and you pushed Richie off the swing because you wanted to swing with me," they both laughed at the memory. "You became mine in this very treehouse, we were playing chess and I had let you win-"

"I figured that, I fucking suck at that game!"

"Yeah you really do, anyways, you won and tackled me into this big hug and we just kissed. And it felt like magic. Every time does. Every kiss, hug, weird nickname that you came up with on the spot is magic. And, I want to feel like that for the rest of my life, with you by my side. So, Tiny...Would you do me-"

"Yes," she laughed, "yes to doing you and marrying you, Stanny!"

He laughed along with her, before slipping the ring on her finger. He kissed her deeply, dipping her a bit.

And now they were off to college and nothing could bring them down.