Thirteen

It rained heavily onto the town of Derry, getting everything in its path soaked

It rained heavily onto the town of Derry, getting everything in its path soaked...including Tiny Thompson.

She ran through the rain, not a care that she was wet. Her clothes clung to her small frame, and her glasses fogged up. Her hair was tangled and stuck to her face as she sprinted toward her destination.

She was supposed to meet up with the losers at the arcade, due to Richie being a persistent little shit.

Once the lit up doors were in sight of all the trembling rain, she ran quicker to the entrance and almost slid inside.

The bell jingled as she slammed the door harshly, locking away the water from outside. She trudged through the arcade, pulling her jacket closer to her small frame.

Her eyes scanned the kids and teens inside the building, all their eyes lit up by the screens in front of them. Her eyes lit up and she smiled wide as she set them on a familiar boy with curly hair.

She paced to the direction of her friends, ready to spend a day with them. They laid their eyes on her, all with the same monotone expression.

"You're late." Richie stated with an unamused look.

Tiny looked at the clock on the wall. "Since when did you care about time, Rich?"

"Whatever, Thompson...just go!" He retorted, locking his eyes on the arcade game.

"G-go?" She furrowed her brows in confusion, they didn't want her there?

"Yeah, go!" Eddie spoke up. "Are you deaf too?"

His words hurt, a sharp pang in her chest. She looked between the group a little before landing her eyes on Stan and Bill.

"Stan...Bill? What are they talking about?" Her voice was just above a whisper.

"Y-you're just a nobody, Mila...a Nobody!" Bill exclaimed, barely stuttering over his words. "just get the hell out of here, before people seeing you hang out with us!"

Tears pricked her eyes as she processed the words out of the Denbrough boys mouth. A nobody...

Apparently she was there a bit too long for their liking, as Stan had shoved her mercilessly.

"Get the fuck out of here already," His eyes were cold and hard, they weren't Stan's at all. "Nobody want to hang out with you, you barely talk anyways and you always do the wrong things, and you'll just always be a mute."

That was it. that was the breaking point. The tears left her eyes and sprouted on her face, making her vision blurry.

"What are you gonna cry?" Richie.

"Loser." Eddie.

"P-pathetic." Bill.

"I don't know how I ever loved you." Stanley.

She started to move backwards, her hand coming up to her mouth to try and contain her sobs. With each step back, they move forward. They slurred horrible words to the fragile girl.

As she stared at the faces of her friends, their eyes started to roll back into their heads, and their faces had slowly become that of a decaying body.

Tiny felt the ground shake beneath her feet, and it gave her a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. The brunette looked at the ground to see cracks starting to form. And get bigger, and bigger and bigg-

"Shit!"

She ran out the arcade door and into the outside world of what she thought was Derry. The erosion following not to far behind.

She ran as fast as her legs could take her, the pain in her muscles unbearable. She turned around for a split second, to see that the cracking had stopped.

Tiny let out a breath, and turned back around but was met with the face that she never wanted to see again.

"Hiya, Pipsqueak!"

"AHH!" She shot up from the bed with a scream. Sobs escaped her throat as she held her head in her hands, rocking back and forth.

Loud footsteps were heard coming inside, but she was crying too loud to notice. The door opening made her look up in fear. Fear that it was coming for her.

Instead, she was met face to face with Bill Denbrough, who immediately ran to her side once he saw her crying.

She sobbed and screamed into his chest, letting out 'I'm sorry' more times than he could count. Her tears stained his shirt but the stuttering boy could care less.

He tried to calm her down as best he could, rubbing her back and whispering soothing things in her ear but it didn't take him long to realize it wouldn't work. He knew who he had to call.

So he called Stanley.

"Bill? It's like three AM why are y-"

"I-it's Tiny..."

And with no delay, Stan quickly replied "I'll be over in five."

And he was. And he was there rushing into Bills room through his window, staring at his girlfriend with worried eyes. Her screams had stopped but the sobs hadn't. It was like she was afraid to open her eyes in fear that they wouldn't really be there.

Stan had rushed over to her place on Bills bed, and grasped both her hands in his. He ran his thumbs up and down the back of her palms, and she gripped him tighter.

"Hey, Tiny?" He whispered. "Can you open your eyes for me?"

She shook her head. Something was wrong.

"Babylove," Stan cooed, taking one hand and placing it on her cheek. "Please open your eyes? I really wanna see your beautiful blues."

She leaned into his touch, and slowly but surely opened her eyes. She blinked a few times to adjust to the light, before setting her gaze on Stanley.

She sighed in relief, quickly tackling him in a tight hug. Tears threatened to escape her already glassy eyes.

"H-hey, babylove," that nickname. She doesn't know where it came from but she loved it. "Tell us what's wrong, please?"

She pulled away from the hug and place her hands on his cheeks, making sure he was real. She looked over to Bill, who's eyes were also watery, as if he had seen something too...

"I'm scared."