Seven

"What the fuck was that?"

Tiny sat against her front door, a sobbing mess. She tried to stay quiet, in case her mother was home to hear her. She pulled at her hair and yanked her glasses off her face.

It's okay. Just do what Stan told you...five seconds in...five seconds out...

She repeated the act, breathing in and out slowly. Even when he wasn't around, Stan always somehow managed to calm the Thompson girl down.

Once she was calm enough, she started to stand up from her spot on the ground. Tiny walked into the kitchen, pouring a glass of water and downing it in one go.

Making sure her mother wasn't home, she made way to the phone, spinning in the number of the one person she needed the most right now.

Ring!

Ring!

Rin-

"Hello?"

"Stan?"  Her voice was shaky as she tried to stop more tears from falling.

"Tiny...What's wrong?" He said, worry evident in his tone.

"I...I need you, I th-think I'm h-having a panic att-attack!" She hiccuped.

"Shit!" The Uris boy exclaimed, running a hand through his hair. "I'll be there in five, Tiny, I promise!"

"Okay."

And so she waited. Five minutes later and her doorbell rang, signaling that he was there. Tiny stumbled getting to the door, opening it hesitantly. She relaxed when she saw her friend.

"Tiny, what ha-"

His word were cut off by the smaller girl colliding with his chest, and tears staining his shirt. He immediately let himself in the house and closed the door. Stanley lead her to the couch, where he made her face him.

"Oh Stan, I-it was horrible!" She choked.

He was confused as to why she was acting this way. It wasn't her mother, she'd be angry and yelling if it was. This was something else. Something bigger. He's never seen her this bad before.

He was brought back to when he saw the painting, he had the same look in his eyes after the encounter. Fear.

"You saw something," He began, making her look up at him with realization. "Didn't you?"

"Yes."

Stan took her arm and brought her closer, hugging her tightly. "It's okay, me too."

They stayed like that for a while. All the way up till curfew was close and Stan had to go. She thanked him and kissed his cheek farewell as she lead him to the door.

"Thank you again, Stan, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Of course, and the same goes here, Tiny." He replied before walking down the porch steps.

As he walked the pave way, he shoved his hands in his pockets and whispered something, inaudible to her but, that was intentional, I guess...

"I'd do anything for you."