Eleven

Tiny Thompson and Stanley Uris biked along the road of Derry, Stan pedaling in the direction of the small girls house

The side of her face rested against his back and her arms wrapped around his waist. The smiles on their faces evident.

The ride had been normal, the rocky roads of Derry making them bump a bit. It wasn't until Stan made a turn he wasn't supposed to that she took her face away from his back.

"Uh, Stanny, wrong way."

He smirked, "I know."

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion but didn't push the matter further, she trusted him.

The rest of the ride was consumed by them talking. Tiny wasn't much of talker, that's why the people in town called her mute. But, when she was with Stan...She could talk for hours. He made her feel like it was okay. Like it was okay to feel, and talk, and scream, or yell. She wasn't afraid when she was with him.

Stan suddenly stopped, kicking his bike stand in place before getting off the bike. As he helped Tiny off, she realized where they were. The Treehouse.

His dad built it for him when he was younger and she was the first person to see it. She remembers when they were little, and she would make him flower crowns while he would read his bird book to her. Birds. He loved them. Tiny never really understood why, but that was what made Stan, Stan. And she loved it.

"I can't believe this place is still standing!" She laughed out in amazement, rushing up to stare at it.

"Me neither, but I thought we could hang out here...since the others aren't around and they probably think it's dilapi-"

He was cut off by arms wrapping around his neck, and a small giggle erupting from her lips. It took him a second, but he wrapped his arms around her waist, squeezing her just as tight.

She pulled away, arms still linked around his neck and his around her waist. They stayed like that for a few beats, just staring into each other's eyes.

Stan smiled, breaking the silence. "Come on, let's go inside." He grabbed her hand and pulled her alongside him, walking to the ladder. The Uris boy helped the girl up the shaky ladder before climbing up himself.

Tiny stared in awe at her surroundings, the memories flooding back to her of all those days where her and Stan would sit here and talk. When he would talk about all the different kinds of birds and she intently listened, not really knowing what he was saying but listened none the less.

She remembered the chess matches they would have, even when she couldn't really play but he let her win.

"I did it!" Young Tiny Thompson exclaimed, bouncing up and down from her spot on floor.

A young Stanley Uris grinned at the girl in front of him, he let her win but he'd never tell her that.

"Yeah, yeah you did!"