Nighttime Cuddles To Cold

Pairing: Desmond Miles
Warning: this is very short and my first time writing Desmond. ALSO: SPOILERS FOR AC3.
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

Boston can be pretty cold, especially during winter. Desmond would usually spend his day in bed, sleeping in with his daughter curled up on top of him on the cot.

Y/n woke up, yawning. She rubbed her bleary eyes with her fists, sitting up. She noticed her father isn't asleep beside her and looked around the cave.

She spied her father speaking to her grandfather and it doesn't seem to be a good conversation.

Y/n lifted her little butt up in the air, carefully balancing herself before waddling over to her father.

She passed by Shaun and Rebecca's sleeping forms then eventually got closer to her father and grandfather.

"She's a baby!" Desmond hissed.

"And she has assassin lineage," William argued back.

"I won't let you do this," said Desmond. "She's my daughter, not yours."

"She's my granddaughter, Desmond," William argued back. "And it looks like your daughter is awake."

Desmond heard a sniffle and his head shot in the direction of the sniffle.

Oh, his poor, sweet baby.

He gathered her in his arms, placing her on his hip.

"Sh, it's okay," Desmond murmured, carrying her around the cave and bouncing her in his arms.

"Daddy's just having an argument with your grandpa," Desmond murmured, laying down on his cot. "It's nothing for you to worry about. Daddy's going to keep you safe for as long as he can."

He kissed the top of her head, tucking her head under his chin. He patted her back soothingly.

"Go to sleep, baby girl. Go to sleep."

~time skip~

"Dada?" Y/n tugged on Shaun's pant leg.

Shaun and Rebecca shared a knowing look. Desmond's not coming back, ever. After the incident back at the cave, Desmond only had two requests.

1. Leave as quickly as possible.

2. Raise his daughter as best as possible in whatever means.

Rebecca picked Y/n up.

"Dada isn't here," said Rebecca. "He's, uh-"

"Sleeping," Shaun added. "He's sleeping."

Shaun may be an ass with all that sass but he's not cold hearted enough to break the harsh truth to a 1 1/2 year-old kid.

Rebecca sighed.

Desmond asked to raise his daughter as best as possible. How can she and Shaun do it with Abstergo on their ass?

I'm sorry I haven't been uploading anything lately. I've been out of inspiration lately and I'm in dire need of requests. Please excuse any typos/spelling mistakes!