Explosions

Pairing: Colonel Monro ft Haytham and Shay
Warning: none
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

BOOM.

"What the bloody hell was that?"

At the top of the stairs was a dust of pink and blue and purple.

Standing at the bottom of the stairs was Haytham Kenway, Colonel Monro, and Shay Cormac.

"Y/n?" Monro called out. "Are you alright?"

Instead of an answer, the three men heard a cough then a sneeze right after.

"I'm good! Just a minor setback!" A voice answered then another sneeze. "I advise you to take a detour than coming through this mess!"

Monro sighed, shaking his head. He then turned on his heels to leave.

"What was that?" Shay asked. "Witchcraft? A bomb?"

"Certainly not a bomb nor I would I call it witchcraft," said Monro. "A physician in training is a better term."

"Causing explosions is what you call a 'physician', Monro?" Haytham arched a brow.

"Now, now. She's experimenting," said Monro. "I assure you both, she knows what she's doing."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING?!"

Y/n shrugged, picking up another bottle of newt's eyes.

"It's called 'experimenting', Master Cormac," said Y/n, tossing several newt's eyes in the cauldron. "Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That's the fun of doing 'witchcraft' as you said to my father." Shay winced at her words.

"I didn't-"

"Oh, I know. I got used to people saying that to me. Beware the witch before she boils you alive."

Shay lightly chuckled at Y/n's words.

Nobody would dare try to hang Y/n Monro. Especially with Haytham holding most of the power in the colonies. Besides, Y/n's remedies did help the King. Well, more like her mother's remedies.

Of course, the King asked for Y/n's hand in marriage because of it. She rejected his offer and gone to the colonies with her father instead with the intention of finding love herself.

So really, she did have the King wrapped around her finger too.

"It's best you take a step back now, Master Cormac," said Y/n. "I think it's going to blow again."

Grabbing his hand, Y/n yanked Shay out of the room and slammed the door shut. Hearing a muffled "boom", Y/n opened the door ajar. Inside was a dust of rainbow painting the floors and walls.

"I don't ever remember you adding anything related to colors," Shay muttered.

"I don't either but that's part of the fun!" Y/n chirped. "Now, fetch a broom. We have to clean this mess before Father starts to scold me again."

"And I have done it!" Y/n cheered, holding a bottle of liquid

"And I have done it!" Y/n cheered, holding a bottle of liquid. "Or at least I did. Did I read the instructions right? Mother's handwriting was always awful."

Y/n read the many piles of notes on the floor. Most didn't make sense to Shay but to Y/n, it made sense. After all, it is her mother's work.

"What the bloody hell is she talking about?"

Or not.

Y/n uncorked the bottle and took a sniff.

"Smell it for me." Shay arched a brow at Y/n.

"What?"

"Smell it for me! Does it smell like charcoal to you or is it just me?"

Shay took the bottle from her, hesitating at first.

"It's not going to kill you! If I wanted to kill you, I would've poisoned your supper!"

Point taken.

Shay took a sniff and scrunched his nose.

Charcoal and something bitter and sweet.

"Charcoal, right?"

"With a mix of something sweet and bitter, I'd say."

Y/n stomped her foot in frustration.

"What the bloody hell is she talking about?" Y/n muttered, reading the papers again. "Ah! I see! Master Cormac, we better step out again in ten seconds!"

"Not again."

"NOW, MASTER CORMAC!"

"Wha-?"

"NOW!"

"Y/N MONRO!"

"Y/N MONRO!"

"SORRY!"

This was fun to write. Also, heads up, I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out around July 8th. So if I'm inactive for a few days to a week, that's my reason why.

Help me.