Chapter Ten

I was stunned at Lucas's confession, was there signs? Was there any indication about that? I didn't know how to respond, Lucas was such a good friend, I don't know how to let him down easy...

"Lucas..."

Lucas touched my arm gently. "You don't have to respond right now, Hanna. I just wanted you to know, but just...give it some thought. Okay? I hope you feel better." Before I could even respond, he was gone.

I threw myself into my bed and let out a sigh. Why did my life have to be like this? Why couldn't my life be normal? I didn't want all this, I just wanted to live a normal teen girl life.

A soft knock filled my room before the door opened. "Hey, can I come in?" Arrow asked.

"Yeah." I responded before he came into my room and sat on my bed.

"Is everything okay?" He asked looking concerned.

"Oh yeah, just a love confession by my exes ex best friend."

"Aw shit, that's shitty, Jo." Arrow said as he removed the ice from my hand to look at it.

"Yeah it is, it's a lot shitty." I told him as I looked down at my hand.

"Im sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"I'm thinking your hand is going to be wrapped for homecoming." Arrow cracked a smiled.

I smiled. "You didn't have to do that. The sign."

Arrow looked at the sign by my bed. "Well Princess, it's better for show. I gotta show that I'm a good guy to you."

"Thank you."

"Course, we need to make him come crawling back to you so in the end, you have the satisfaction of rejecting him and making him hurt too."

"Thank you, Arrow. You make me feel better."

"Obviously, have you seen me and my charming looking."

"Yeah Yeah," I rolled my eyes. "You're really something."

"So are you, Princess."

*****

Friday came along fast, I was excited for homecoming. I was getting ready with Kenzie and Siara at my house when it was time to put on our dresses.

I went into my closest and put on my red dress. My hair was in curls and some of it was pinned up. My makeup was all down, a nice brown eyeshadow look, with black liner and false lashes with a nude lipstick.

I couldn't believe how pretty I looked, for the first time since I found out about the cheating, I felt good about myself.

Ever since I found out, I've felt like I wasn't good enough, I wasn't pretty or skinny enough, I wasn't special and I couldn't be loved.

Arrow had been helping me, he did make me feel good.

I hoped he would like my dress, I slipped on some heels and went to show the girls my dress.

"Damn!!!!" Kenzie grinned.

"You look fucking hot!" Siara told me.

"You guys look hella hot too!" I giggled and put on some gold hope earrings. I had gotten my acrylic nails done to match my dress and I was living for the long red nails. I felt so good at the moment.

Once Kenzie and Siara were dressed in their stunning dresses, which were Black and the one Siara was wearing was Purple, we headed downstairs where the boys were.