Chapter Twenty

I didn't know how much more I could cry, I felt like I had cried all the tears I had left. All the tears I hadn't cried in so long, all the tears Arrow never made me cry.

Some of my stuff was still at him house so I know I needed to get it, I know I needed to be alone for a few days. I could figure out what happened so I could apologize to Arrow, to get him to forgive me.

With my hand, I wiped away the tears that were still on my cheek and started my car. On my way to Arrow's how, I tried my best not to cry. I didn't want to look like a mess.

Once I got to his house, I went to the front door and was about to knock until I seen one of my bags filled with all my stuff at the front door.

I picked up the bag and knocked at the door. He had to answer, his car was in the drive way. When a minute or two passed, I knew he wasn't going to answer the door.

With a sigh, I headed back to my car and threw the bag in the back seat. Before I drove off, I sat there; hoping he'd come out to stop me from leaving, but he never did.

On the drive back to my house, I tried my hardest to hold back tony tears until I got to my bed, my safe place.

As soon as I got to my bed, I hid in the covers and cried until I had no tears left, until my throat hurt so bad it made me want to cry more. My eyes were puffy and red; like I hadn't slept in days.

I've lost the man I love and I have no one here for me, my parents weren't here. I didn't want to bother my friends with my petty girl problems, and now I couldn't even go to Arrow.  I couldn't lay in his arms and cry, he couldn't wipe away my tears and tangle his fingers in my hair.

I needed my boyfriend back, I regret not telling him I love him. I regret it so much and wish I had said it before. Maybe he would have said he loved me too, maybe he felt the same way. But I wouldn't know, I didn't know.

From the texts I've sent him, he's ignored me. Every single message I've sent has been ignored, did he block my number? The thought of that absolutely broke my heart.

One of my fluffy pillows was suddenly thrown across the room as I sat up and cried. I was so fucking dumb.

I fell asleep holding my legs to my chest with tears streaming down my face.

When I woke up the next morning, it was around eleven. My eyes felt so heavy and puffy from crying all night.

I reached for my phone hoping to find any message from Arrow, I was disappointed to find nothing from him but from my Friends asking why I wasn't a school.

In a group message I texted them: thank you for worrying guys ♥️ I'm just not feeling good so I may go to the doctor and take a few days off ♥️ Ily guys

I threw my phone on my bed and rubbed my eyes. Maybe I just needed to take some tile off of school and head up to our beach house to for some alone time. I needed to get in a different head space.

Even though it would be cold up there since we were still in winter, I had to go somewhere that wasn't too far.

I got up from my bed and headed downstairs to find Mary washing the counters.

"Good morning," Mary smiled at me. Her smile quickly faded with she seen that I was a wreck. "Oh, Sweetie, what's wrong?"

"Arrow and I broke up, Mary." I let out a sniffle and started to full on sob. Hot tears fell down my face as she hurried over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

"It's going to be okay, Johanna. I promise you, it may not be okay now but it will be soon. I know you two aren't meant to be together, the love you both have for each other is strong and incredible. Your face lights up like a star in the night sky. You two will find your way back to each other, sooner or later."

I held onto Mary and I cried into her shoulder. I was so pathetic. How could I let another boy do this to me? How could I cry over another boy?

"Come on, let's get you ready. I assume you'll be heading to the beach house."

I pulled away from Mary and nodded.

"Well let's pack your stuff and head up there."

I nodded again as we headed upstairs to gather some of my things.

Once we were all packed up, we called my driver. Mary helped me bring our stuff out to the front area as we waiting for my driver.

The car soon pulled up to the front of the house and Richard got out to help with our bags. "Hello, Ms. Mills. Mary."

I noticed his tone had changed when he said Mary. His voice sounded softer towards her, he definitely liked her!

Mary was beautiful and looked like she was in her early twenties while actually being in her late thirties. I loved Mary more than my own parents, she raised me my whole life and if she and Richard had a thing for each other; I wanted nothing more for that to work out.

They both deserved each other, they were both so kind and loved their jobs.

When we got in the car, I turned to Mary and almost grinned. Luckily there was dark glass in between us and the driver end.

"Mary," I said, "He's so into you."

Mary shot me a look and shook her head. "Don't talk so foolish, Ms Mills."

"You're blind, Mary. He likes you and you like him. I'll be requesting him to stay in the house with us for all my driving needs. I want you two to spend time together because I know somethings going on, I strongly approve of it."

Mary smiled at me and took my hand. "You're sweet, but-"

I rolled my eyes and cut her off before she could answer, "You two will be taking the week off and spending it together. Now spill the tea."

"Spill the tea?" Mary raised one of her dark brows at me.

"You know, like tell me what's going on, the gossip!"

"On Mr. Turner and I? There's nothing to tell." Mary lied.

"Mary, tell me." I groaned. "It's helping me keep my mind off of Arrow."

She let out a sigh before turning more towards me. "Mr. turner has asked me on a couple dates before but I've declined his offer."

"But why? He's an attractive man and you stunning, Mary."

A light blush spread across Mary's cheeks. "My job is more important to me, you are more important to me."

I took Mary's hand and looked into her beautiful forest green eyes, "You are incredible, Mary. Absolutely incredible, you've done such an amazing job taking care of me all these years, but it's time for you to be happy. I'm well aware of your attraction to Richard as well as his attraction to you. I want you to go for him, date him. You deserve it, and don't ever worry about your job. You'll always have a well paying job with me, as will Richard. I want you to try."

Mary looked and me a nodded. "Thank you, Ms. Mills."

I smiled at her and was so excited for her to find happiness. She deserved nothing but love and happiness in her life. She's been so incredible to me for seventeen years.

I had to figure out what to do to get Arrow back, I loved him. I loved him so fucking much.

~Thank you for reading! Hope everyone is okay! And I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I love you all so much♥️

Comment! Vote! Share! Follow!