Chapter Fourteen

My back hit Arrow's soft mattress covered by a thick grey blanket. My mind was scattered all over the place, I kept thinking about Lucas's text and I needed to tell him I didn't want to be with him- I never did.

I texted Lucas: I'm sorry, Luc. I love you as a friend and nothing more. You're such a good guy but I like someone else. I'm sorry.

Once I hit send, I put my phone on the table and went to find Arrow.

My legs took me down to the basement. As my bare feet went down the cold, wood floor stairs, I heard The sound of a punching bag swinging back and forth as a first came in contact with it.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I seen a shirtless Arrow throwing punches at the blue punching bag that was hanging from the ceiling. Part of their basement was a home gym filled with many different types of equipment.

"Arrow?"

"What?" He snapped.

"Can we talk?" I shirted uncomfortably.

Arrow grabbed onto the punching bag to stop it from moving and his dark eyes found mine. "What do you need to talk to me about?" His tone was cold towards me which made me feel down.

"Please stop being an asshole for a minute and listen to me!"

Arrow rolled his eyes and sat down on the bench. His body was all sweaty. My eyes were glued to his abs until I ripped them away and looked up at his face.

"I know you seen the text from Lucas-"

"You think I give a fuck about who you're seeing?!" He laughed. "I could care less, Princess. You can do whatever you want because I honestly could care less about what you do or who you do. Just don't come crawling back to me when it all goes wrong again."

"You know what, you're a real fucking asshole. I came down here to talk to you like a mature person and you have to lash out. But fuck You, Arrow. Fuck. You." I stormed upstairs and grabbed my stuff from his room before hurrying out of the house. I walked down the block and my driver met me there.

He drove me home as tears streamed down my face. I was going to tell that fucker that I liked him, that I was into him. That I wanted him but fuck him. I don't need a man in my life. I needed to focus more on myself then anything.

When I got in my house, I grabbed some snacks and went to hide in my bedroom with Twix.

I made sure my room was dark as we laid in my bed and watched a movie. Twix laid close beside me and lured before rolling over and stretching his paw out and touched my face.

I smiled at my cat. "Hi, baby boy."

Twix let out a meow, followed by a yawn. "You go to sleep, we'll cuddle."

I pulled Twix close to me and cuddled him.

I watched a few movies that night while cuddling with my baby boy. At least I had Twix during this time. The only boy I need was my cuddly cat. I should have listened to Twix all those times he hissed and scratched Andrew. Animals always sense who's good and who's not.

I decided not to go to school the next day so I could lay in bed. I didn't feel like moving or getting out of bed anytime soon.

I rolled over and grabbed my Apple TV remote and switched on some movie from Netflix. Mary came in with a banana peanut butter smoothie for me which made me smile.

"Thank you, Mary."

"Miss Mills, I would like to have a word with you." She smiled at me.

I pressed pause on the movie and sat up. "Sit, Mary."